Oh boy, my Hayseed 15 will ship next week.

papa taco

• Members

awesome! you'll have to tell me if it will be worth selling my twin reverb over.
i would probably get the hayseed thirthy. the price is fantastic but the wait turns me off big time. on the other hand waiting that long for something makes it really nice when you end up getting it...

Tim

• Members
Originally posted by threm

Congrats!! Hope it doesn`t sound like dried to the roots hay - like horse food.

Want to see my new amp

thoufrnt.JPG

Holy shmoly. The plexi rear panel is a wicked idea. That is beautiful.

taco

thouback.JPG

not really mine

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

wow threm !

looks awesome !

any link to that amp ?

cheap ?

:eek:

As written with bleak small letters
"not really mine ".

Company is http://www.tubesville.com/
http://www.tubesville.com/NOISE_outlaw_audiodesign.html

Kind of super high end by amp maker Blackie Pagano.
Makes both gtr and hi-fi amps.
The tweed with the plexi back was a custom order. I won`t guess the price. :cry:

This one is $4500 (base) with lifetime warranty

guitaramp.gif

A Hayseed would be more up my alley :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by mumford

Amateurs!

Congrats, Taco, it's taken long enough...

Well, I did switch my order in March or April from the 30 watter to the new 15 watter. I don't think there are many of the 15's out there yet. I only know of one and it's some guy on the Hamer forum.

taco

• Members
Originally posted by papa taco

Well, I did switch my order in March or April from the 30 watter to the new 15 watter. I don't think there are many of the 15's out there yet. I only know of one and it's some guy on the Hamer forum.

taco

I just can't picture you an the Hamer forum :confused: Hope your amp is everything you are hoping that it is....I think you have pretty high expectations of it and if they are met you should be a very happy guy.

• Members
Originally posted by ollenorin

I put down the 150 in deposit on another hayseed....

this time im gonna get the ef86 option, + tremolo, and no reverb.

ill sell the hayseed ive got later.

im gonna go with another color this time also....maybe red or blonde.

:)

Go blonde. Be like me. Go blonde with vox-style grill cloth. Be like the taco.

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

I just can't picture you an the Hamer forum
:confused:
Hope your amp is everything you are hoping that it is....I think you have pretty high expectations of it and if they are met you should be a very happy guy.

Oh, I don't go to the Hamer forum at all. I heard the moderator there got the first Hayseed 15 and I went there and looked at his posts and pics. I'm not a Hamer dude.

I don't know if I have super HIGH expectations of it. I suspect it will be pretty damn cool though, especially for the price. It is what it is, a clone of a vintage vox. I love the tones of vox top boosts and I'm expecting I'll love the EF86 too. I have some NOS Mullard EF86's left over from when I had the Dr Z Z28.

Getting the Hayseed was a lot about realizing that I preferred el84's and especially vox tones over the 6v6 tones of the z28 and being able to sell the z28 and replace it with something suitable for little to no extra cash.

I'd say I'm expecting to like it more than my Mesa Blue Angel. If I do, then I've realized my goal. The Mesa is a cool amp, fun to play, great reverb, nice overdrive when turned up and nice cleans. But nothing out of the ordinary tonally. My Z28 (dual 6v6) was quite a bit better sounding IMO than the Blue Angel (in dual 6v6 mode). I suspect the Hayseed will surpass the Blue Angel's el84 mode tonally, or at least be quite different.

The Blue Angel doesn't "chime" really. The Z28 didn't chime so much either. I'm hoping the hayseed chimes like a vox. ;) And when I turn it up gets that complex mid, compressed, chimey blizzard of nails thing going.

taco

• Members

I'm hoping the hayseed chimes like a vox.
;)
And when I turn it up gets that complex mid, compressed, chimey blizzard of nails thing going.

taco

dont worry....thats what the hayseed does.

SEXCELLENT AMP !

:thu::cool:

• Members

'bout time man!

you really need to post clips of this sucker. I'm not in the market for another amp but I can still appreciate good tone.

A rare Valvetech Hayseed 15 will be in my hands in July. Yippee.

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

'bout time man!

you really need to post clips of this sucker. I'm not in the market for another amp but I can still appreciate good tone.

Perhaps I will challenge you to a duel jrak style!
;)

I'll see what I can do abooot clips.

• Members

Originally posted by falconproject

Does it get into vintage marshall territory at all?

I've been saving for a Hayseed since January. $25 a week can add up if you let it.

The ef86 channel option will allegedly get it into marshally territory. That's what I understand, anyway. It's old school ac15 at least. The ef86 tube has a lot of gain.

Archived