loop Station or Sequencer??

DLDude

• Members

Im a one-man-band, and i think it would be fun to get out and play some live gigs. An idea I had was to get some sort of loop station, record all the guitar/bass/drum parts before I start each song, and then simply 'play' the loop station while I sing over it. The more I looked at loop stations, the less versitile they are becoming. Basically, I want to be able to cue each guitar loop by pressing a button, so that i can easily switch from chorus, to verse, to solo, to outro, etc. It doesnt appear a loop station can do this. However, I kept looking and fell into some Sequencers. Now I assume most are used for drum loops, but could you record a bunch of guitar parts on a sequencer and do that I am looking to do?

Radiohead has been fiddling with the Boss sp-303, which appears like it may work, but I have no real experience with anything like it.

Im sort of looking for something under $300, as music is just a hobby for me. The 303 fits that bill, so if anyone here has used one, maybe you could help me out!

Thanks much!

• Members

Well, I could easily just have a backtrack, but I thought it would be fun for the audience to hear me up there playing little 5-10 second licks, fiddling with effects, and plugging in various instruments, then all the sudden, i'm playing a whole song with this one little machine using the licks i was just playing. It's almost like a gimmick (musicians need gimmicks these days!)

So, if I get a sampler, I will be able to do this in a live setting:

Record 5-6 licks

Loop them

Cue each loop whenever I want with a touch of a button

???

• Members

Originally posted by DLDude

Basically, I want to be able to cue each guitar loop by pressing a button, so that i can easily switch from chorus, to verse, to solo, to outro, etc.

I thought that you could do this with the loop station with an extra switch????

Archived