Which Envelope Filter?

• Members

Ok. Given you have a USA strat I was thinking your 'guitar budget' reference was alluding to something like $500, like a Meatball. Well, all I can think of under $100 is the Mini Q-tron and the DOD FX25.

You could always build a 440 clone for about $50-60, or by a complete kit from buildyourownclone.com for $65

• Members

Will be buying Analog Filter.

I was just researching for the brand that can be found here in Turkey. So that I wouldn't be paying extra for shipping. That's why I tought 120+shipping was expensive, but now that I think of it , it may not be.

I'll check with the EHX first since we have a distributor here in Istanbul.

Thanks for the inputs.

• Members

I'll tell you something. I have a DOD FX-25 Evelope Filter that I bought for like $29 from musicians friend a while back. It's a great little pedal. I was very surprised at the quality of the tone though it.

If you're looking at a bigger budget, I have not found anything better than the EBS BassIQ. It's a mini-mutron for all intents and purposes. A hair on the pricey side but what a pedal it is. It works great for both guitar and bass.

• Members

Originally posted by jay3265E

I'll tell you something. I have a DOD FX-25 Evelope Filter that I bought for like $29 from musicians friend a while back. It's a great little pedal. I was very surprised at the quality of the tone though it.

If you're looking at a bigger budget, I have not found anything better than the EBS BassIQ. It's a mini-mutron for all intents and purposes. A hair on the pricey side but what a pedal it is. It works great for both guitar and bass.

You are officially the first person I have ever seen in the internet that used "all intents and purposes" correctly, instead of "all intensive purposes." In fact, I didn't even realize that was the correct usage until I just saw it. You learn something new everyday.

Anways, gotta love those DOD FX series pedals. Great bang for your buck most of the time.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

"all intensive purposes."

I think I like this better :thu:

Maybe "All intense n' plurpluses". That's cool too.

Go with the DOD. I was blown away that you could get beyond decent sounds out of this pedal and it's $30.

• Members

Originally posted by jay3265E

I think I like this better
:thu:

Maybe "All intense n' plurpluses". That's cool too.

Go with the DOD. I was blown away that you could get beyond decent sounds out of this pedal and it's $30.

Its a little shorter, probably why its used all the time now, especially on the internet instead of the correct, but slightly longer version you used. Well done sir.

• Members

i had the dod and now have the tonefactor filter

the tonefactor is a million times better in my opinion, the dod has a crazy volume drop and sounds really quite thin, while the tonefactor simply puts a smile on my face and sounds thick and choppy and just blooming marvellous

and $119 is a great price, (got it shipped to the uk for $134 which is great especially as the dollar is so weak at the moment - $134 is only about

Archived