OT: You're so Emo...

Remedy

• Members
Originally posted by Hopeless

Uhhhh..... no. You'd be suprised where the term actually came from.

:rolleyes:

enlighten me... because ive had this discussion over drinks with guys like james dewees, robbie pope and matt pryor, justin reolofs and christian jankowski etc etc about this topic when it started to get branded to all the bands i was playing with at the turn of the millenium... im pretty sure i trust those guys over a few forumites on HC...

and saying an 80s dischord band was being called emo is like saying johnny cash and bob dylan were the first punk rockers. even tho they might have been the term wasnt labeled until may years after. maybe they were called hardcore bands, punk bands etc.. but if you know anything about ian mackaye, he wouldnt have signed a band if they were calling themselves 'emo'.. he aint that kind of dude- TRUST.

keep arguing the point- it matters not to me.. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

:rolleyes:

enlighten me... because ive had this discussion over drinks with guys like james dewees, robbie pope and matt pryor, justin reolofs and christian jankowski etc etc about this topic when it started to get branded to all the bands i was playing with at the turn of the millenium... im pretty sure i trust those guys over a few forumites on HC...

and saying an 80s dischord band was being called emo is like saying johnny cash and bob dylan were the first punk rockers. even tho they might have been the term wasnt labeled until may years after. maybe they were called hardcore bands, punk bands etc.. but if you know anything about ian mackaye, he wouldnt have signed a band if they were calling themselves 'emo'.. he aint that kind of dude- TRUST.

keep arguing the point- it matters not to me..
:thu:

Excuse me, I think you dropped something.:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by p00n

You're so emo even your lawn cuts itself.

:thu:
best of show

as for me i don't care what was originally called emo cuz even hte "cool" pre-emo emo doesn't really interest me. unless you coun't fugazi.

• Members

HAHA..this thread is making me laugh

Don't think Emo is a trend that will die...unfortunately it is a new lifestyle that will continue to evolve for something

Back when I was in school in the late 80s...there were these 2 {censored}ing freak chicks that dressed in black and nobody liked. GOTH wasn't technically really invented yet...and we lived in Nevada near the nuclear waste dump..So they were just called "The Test Site Twins"

Everytime I see these goths and emos and {censored}...it's like the Test Site Twins cloned themselves...and each clone is a little {censored}tier than the previous clone.

Archived