OT: You're so Emo...

Remedy

• Members

Since most of you guys here are such witty bastards, I thought we could begin to compile a "you're so emo...." thread.

I'll kick it off with a couple of good ones I've heard. Ok here goes- *ahem*

"your'e so emo even babies bitchslap you"

and

"you're so emo even goths don't understand you"

:cool: any others?

• Members

you're so emo you have 50 different words for "black."

you're so emo your hair falls in front of one eye even when you're hanging upside down.

you're so emo you cry at concerts you haven't even been to.

you're so emo the suicide hotline calls YOU up--just to see if everything's ok.

you're so emo that you're bored with being bored...with being bored...

you're so emo like...um...like...rilly...

this guy's TOTALLY emo...

emo_philips_comedian_6x9-72.jpg

• Members

I'm so emo this thread hurt my feelings and I went and wrote a song about it. Then I cried more because I got all of my blood on the parchment I wrote on, when I slit my wrists. I then wrote a song about that as they hauled me off in the ambulance.

Le sigh.

Ben

• Members

Emo doesnt even stand for what most of you people think it stands for...

its a music venue in austin that got its name attached to the style of bands that were being booked there circa 95-97 (aka "emo bands") such as jimmy eat world, the get up kids, SDR, the anniversary and so on and so forth. i believe its still a venue.. last i heard bands were still playing there.

kids took the term, thought it ment emotional or some bull{censored}, said-'hey thats me... IM EMO(tional)!!!!' and the 'scene' was born.

It used to be called indie...

the cure called- they want their makeup back...:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

its a music venue in austin that got its name attached to the style of bands that were being booked there circa 95-97 (aka "emo bands") such as jimmy eat world, the get up kids, SDR, the anniversary and so on and so forth. i believe its still a venue.. last i heard bands were still playing there.

kids took the term, thought it ment emotional or some bull{censored}, said-'hey thats me... IM EMO(tional)!!!!' and the 'scene' was born.

the cure called- they want their makeup back...
:thu:

Uhhhh..... no. You'd be suprised where the term actually came from.

• Members

Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

the cure called- they want their makeup back...
:thu:

i'm pretty sure i remember rites of spring being coined as emo in the late 80's....

• Members

Originally posted by vanguard

i'm pretty sure i remember rites of spring being coined as emo in the late 80's....

10 points to this man for revealing what makes this whole emo fiasco so truly {censored}ed.

• Members

Originally posted by vanguard

ding ding ding

rites of spring and jawbox, not dashboard confessional and jimmy eat world.

you're so emo you got kicked out of karate class because you never got past the white belt.

Archived