What was the first concert you attended?

mumford

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well i grew up with the ABB.. but those shows really dont count because i was too young to know where i was anyway and we didnt really attend them.. we were just there man!

first concert i actually sat in the crowd for was the beegees and the turtles when i was 3-4? my mom is good friends with barry gibb so we were sitting front row.. that summer i saw alot of acts that my mom was friends with. diana ross, the stray cats, the grateful dead, etc etc

• Members

Major Burns (Dave Witte from Burnt by the Sun/ Human Remains/ Melt Banana). They were cool. Not metal at all, kinda garagy noise. Also there was Sky Falls Down, who went on to merge into You & I, who splintered into F44:876, who became Sovenskya, who changed their name to Dilation, who the singer in the band I quit now sings for. That was at the local college. A small show.

First large concert was NoFX at the Stone Pony. I was like 14 and my dad insisted on me and my friends leaving at midnight, which was like 10 minutes into their set. Fortunately, that meant we got to hear like 10 songs. Opening up was Snuff, who sucked, and the Lunachicks, who sucked.

• Members

late 1984 - Motley Crue with Loudness opening up... my piece of {censored} '77 Mustang broke down on the way to the concert(it was in another town) so we hitchhiked to the venue. After the concert we walked around this other town half the night wondering how to get home with no money or car, until we hooked up with some dude who called a cab to go back to Oklahoma City - we had no idea who he was, but he paid for the cab. We got home around 5AM and were promptly grounded for 2 weeks. LOL

• Members

U2 ZOOTV tour '92 in Paris, a 7 hour drive with the bus....:freak:

I didn't have experience with a big concert so, i almost dehydrated, hahahahaha......

I was a bit confused with the live sound, imho it wasn't that great, but the concert blew me away.

After 15 years i bought the bootleg because i wanted know if my perception of the sound was right at that time. Boy..... was i wrong: as some reviewers stated, it was a pretty tight show.

I still think that the zootv tour was the best show U2 ever done.

• Members

Red Hot Chili Peppers with Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam

November 30 91 St. Paul

no one gave a {censored} about Pearl Jam (I thought they were a local band) as they grabbed their beers and went potty. Pumpkins got a little better response, but not much. Corgan got a glass of water thrown at him and he freaked. The place exploded when the Peppers went on.

My second show was a little more memorable to me though:

Dinosaur Jr with My Bloody Valentine and Babes In Toyland

Feb 92 First Ave Minneapolis

My Bloody Valentine introduced me to 'shoegazing' during their set. Blew my mind when they held the same chord for 5 minutes.

• Members

The first "official" one I attended was The Power Station.

Robert Palmer was busy doing some solo stuff or something, so Michael Des Barres was the singer.

The opening act was Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark (OMD).

• Members

Originally posted by mumford

I'm talking about the first one you went to because you wanted to. Otherwise, mine would have been Burl Ives when I was about 4.

Mine was Billy Joel when I was in the 9th grade. I scoff now, but at the time, I was starstruck.

I doubt my son will remember, but he had a hell of a time at a free outdoor Richard Thompson / Jerry Douglas show. He danced so hard they put him on the news.

The Cure....Original 3 piece.

The Village. Newport, Shropshire, England.

Still have the first album signed by all 3 members!

GETTING VERY OLD!

Archived