Album of 2006 half time report

thebazaar

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by murch33

I loves me some Boris. I've got Absolute Ego, Amplifier Worship, Akuma No Uta, Feedbacker, Flood, Pink, and Sun Baked Snow Cave.

How's Solomon? I need to pick that one up.

I just saw this. Solomon is pure drone. I haven't pulled it out in a few months because it's on vinyl, which is kind of a pain to listen to, but if I remember right it is just feedback and no drums. If there are drums, they are minimal and only on a small part of it. The vinyl is cool, it's heavy and orange.

• Members
Originally posted by fearofnightmare

Sunn O))) + BORIS - Alter is coming in a few months. That's the record of the year right there, even if I haven't heard it yet. I'll tell you why: the triumphant return of Kim {censored}ING Thayil!

{censored} yes, I can't wait. I saw them together several months ago along with Thrones, and it was some of the most crushing volume I've ever encountered.

• Members

Is this a big elaborate joke which i'm not in on that people are naming RHCP and Muse on these lists?

I can't think of much that's come out in 2006 that i've liked very much.

Did the Wilco live album come out this year?

Liars?

Ooh, the new Oneida album is pretty good.

I know i'm going to come across as an elitist fool, but RHCP = embarassing and well past their best. How many times do they have to remake the same album before people catch on that they have run out of ideas?

Archived