What's a delay with real 'character'?

• Members

Originally posted by orourke

I don't own either pedals but I've been wondering if the Zoom G2 (or G2.1u) might have a better sounding delay than the Boss because it has 32 bit processing instead of 24 bit.

I tried the Zoom and the delay was very clear and shimmery, though it didn't seem to self oscilate. You wouldn't the a Zoom would be better than a Boss, but on paper the Zoom looks pretty good.

Chances are you're not gong to get self-oscillation with anything other than an analog pedal or a really old digital delay.

• Members

Originally posted by puddinstone

It seems kinda funny how "Character" seems to equal analog here...

Why is that funny? Nobody has said digital delays don't have character, just that analog delays tend to have more of it.

• Members

I think it's funny because it seems that there is a set definition for "Character". The general opinion seems to be character is warm, organic, spacey and the like. While I agree this is a form of character...it's not the only kind but tends to be up held as better, or as having "more character".

Don't get me wrong...I like analog too....just a observation...

• Members
Originally posted by puddinstone

I think it's funny because it seems that there is a set definition for "Character". The general opinion seems to be character is warm, organic, spacey and the like. While I agree this is a form of character...it's not the only kind but tends to be up held as better, or as having "more character".

Don't get me wrong...I like analog too....just a observation...

i never defined character. i actually said that i can't define it. :)

• Members

Originally posted by freeRadical

For those who can't afford real tape echos or the AD900, I like my SIB Mr. Echo better than the Dan Echo or the digital delays I've had.

Is the switch silent or gets repeated as well? One of the reviewers had this problem.

Archived