Space Echo Repair

gtrwiz

• Members

anyone know where I can get my RE-201 worked on? There's nothing major wrong with it, but it's starting to get a little fussy. I'd prefer to have it worked on in LA coz I'm pretty addicted to it, but any and all info is welcome. Thanks

• Members

I wanna know too, if anybody has any recommendations.

what's wrong with yours?

I'd clean all the contact spots you can (where tape touches anything) with Qtips. Another thing you can do is clean out the grease on the spindle of the pinch roller and reapply some lithium grease. Make sure the felt tensioners are all tight but not too tight. New tape is a no-brainer.

OH, and like anything else...scratchy pots=electrical contact cleaner. NOT WD40, etc.

even still, i'd like to at least have a contact if something were to arise that I couldn't repair.

• Members

Originally posted by omor

I wanna know too, if anybody has any recommendations.

what's wrong with yours?

I'd clean all the contact spots you can (where tape touches anything) with Qtips. Another thing you can do is clean out the grease on the spindle of the pinch roller and reapply some lithium grease. Make sure the felt tensioners are all tight but not too tight. New tape is a no-brainer.

OH, and like anything else...scratchy pots=electrical contact cleaner. NOT WD40, etc.

even still, i'd like to at least have a contact if something were to arise that I couldn't repair.

Nothing's wrong with it, just some days are better than others. Plus it was sitting in my dads closet for like 20 years before I got my hands on it. I'd just like to have it checked out and tuned up. I'l go ahead and try out your suggestions in the mean time. Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by gtrwiz

anyone know where I can get my RE-201 worked on? There's nothing major wrong with it, but it's starting to get a little fussy. I'd prefer to have it worked on in LA coz I'm pretty addicted to it, but any and all info is welcome. Thanks

In Minnesota, "Good Guys" on Grand in St. Paul.

That's not much help, but there's a reply on your thread!

Archived