Analogman KOT $1200 BIN on Ebay!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

Isn't it kind of unfair to the builder if their products sell for more than what they charge?
:confused:

Why?

They could always up their prices, but then people would complain about that...

It's all supply and demand. There's a retail price and an aftermarket price. If you can get it at retail, you can resell it or keep it.

Like when the Xbox360 came out. Sure, they could have made the retail price higher...but that would have been dumb.

• Members

I thought the last one at $800 or so was the end of the insanity...

come to Jim Weider's show in woodstock tonight and he'll sell you his for $400 cash!! I'll bring a few extra with me just in case...

Jim's ProJECT PERCoLaToR has been brewing all year, with players like Tony Levin and Jesse Gress. Now with two of the best players I have heard, both from Steve Kimock's band, they are tearing up the Northeast! They play some awesome guitar-oriented groove music.

Woodstock Playhouse
Date: June 30, 2006
Time: 7:30pm
Corner of route 375 and 212 ,Woodstock ,NY

Jim Weider-Guitar ,Rodney Holmes-Drums, Mitch Stein-Guitar, Gail Ann Dorsey-Bass (David Bowie).

tickets :845-679-4101 call thursday-sat. 2-5pm
http://www.woodstockplayhouse.org

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

At the rate of this ascension in price Mike - just hold no to those KOT's Brother -by next month they could be fetching $3600!!!
:eek:

:thu::wave::thu:

Just think what those BLUES FOR BOBBY pedals would go for !!!

LOL

Anyway the KOT and KOT waiting list info on my website is up to date so no need to repeat it here,

heading to Woodstock now,

have fun!

• Members

I'll post this here since it seems to be a popular topic.

"I'm thinking about changing around my overdrive setup when I get my new amp (Deluxe Reverb). My current setup sounds fine, but it is too complicated to take to the small gigs I play. There are many sounds to be had with the COT50 > Eternity > RC Booster, but not all of them are what I need. My bridge pickup sounds are great, but for blues I need to play with the neck pickup and these pedals don't give me the sounds I'm looking for.

Anyway, I was looking at the King of Tone. I like to have at least two overdrives, because I play low volume gigs. If i got a Version 4, I could set one side to overdrive and one to clean and work with that.

Two more questions..

What is the current "value" of the King of Tone? I see the one on ebay and I'm certainly not paying that. However I'd be willing to do a trade like.. both of the Lovepedals for the KOT. Would that be fair?

Anyone have any sound clips? I'd like to get the general flavor of it. Supposedly it's based on a cranked DR, but I need to know more than that. If there are soundclips on Analogman's site that I'm missing, let me know.

Thanks."

• Members
Originally posted by longjohnuo

$1200???

I know analogman stuff is good, but really, is any pedal in the world $1200 good?

geez you can get a decent amp for that money.
:eek:

No you could get a kickass amp for that money.

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Are they really that good? I know AM makes good pedals, but there are so many excellent choices that are readily available and often cheaper...and just as likely to get your sound since very few on the list would have had a chance to play one of these b4 buying.

This is the definition of hype to me.
:freak:

No..Hype is more like a Keeley Workstation..;)
The K.O.T. Is for real and works like a charm.:thu:
162162399.jpg

• Members

Funny how that Ebay Seller buys an extra KOT for $225 then wants to give his fellow musicians a sucker deal and add on an additional $975 profit.

By comparison anyone thinking of spending $1200 on a KOT could have bought a Lovetone Brown Source OD and a Meatball Envelope Follower recently for $760 and had $440 left over.

Archived