Does anyone here have one of those Boss CE-20 super chorus pedals?

• Members

I owned one. I hated it, mainly because no matter what model I selected, it sounded digital, and robbed my signal of some dynamics. You might love it, though. I thought the same thing about the Digitech EX-7, and a lot of people love that pedal.

• Members

the bc9's are real nice.

i was gassing for one again until the Red Witch empress was released...

i played a ce20 in a store once.
took 10 minutes not to like. spent the remainder hour crunching up a twin reverb with the very nice LP junior...what a nice guitar

• Members
Originally posted by thebazaar

the bc9's are real nice.

i was gassing for one again until the Red Witch empress was released...

i played a ce20 in a store once.

took 10 minutes not to like. spent the remainder hour crunching up a twin reverb with the very nice LP junior...what a nice guitar

What didn't you like about it? I played one yesterday at GC, but the amp was so crappy, I couldn't really hear anything :mad:

• Members

I really love my CE-1. That said they're not that easy to find, and if you do find one, there's no guarantee it will be cheap. Maybe take a look at the Retro Sonic Chorus Ensemble, a lot of people seem to really like that. Still not that cheap though.

• Members

Originally posted by JimVW

I owned one. I hated it, mainly because no matter what model I selected, it sounded digital, and robbed my signal of some dynamics.

I knew all that without ever having heard one in the flesh - some things, especially modulation for me have to be analogue.

• Members

I said it before and I'll say it again, I went a thru ton of chorus pedals before finding the CE-5, I have no desire to even try another chorus. Just read an interview with John fron the Chili Peppers and he said he uses the CE-5, doesn't really mean anything I just think it's cool when I find out guitarists I dig use the same gear.:)

• Members
Originally posted by Craigfnh

I said it before and I'll say it again, I went a thru ton of chorus pedals before finding the CE-5, I have no desire to even try another chorus. Just read an interview with John fron the Chili Peppers and he said he uses the CE-5, doesn't really mean anything I just think it's cool when I find out guitarists I dig use the same gear.
:)

Well, someone posted Johns effects board recently (probably in the stadium arcadium thread) and whilst I remember seeing a CE-1, I don't remember seeing a CE-5. Not saying the CE-5 is crap or anything, just saying he may not use one..

Archived