Who cares about this soccer stuff?

Hyphy

• Members

Originally posted by Happy_Thom

Hehe I'm proud to say I've never supported forest but I do find myself feeling sad over the fact they got relegated from the championship....

Man, this guy must be Thizzin'. I have no clue what he's talking about.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well let's look at it this way *real* football is way better than american football but rugby is still {censored}. The worst out of them all.

And whilst baseball can be a bit boring during the bits that aren't double plays, amazing catches or homeruns it's still 100000 times better than cricket....

We should agree on that surely?

Wait a minute, rugby is much more exciting that american football. Take out the cheerleaders and you got bunch of steroid popping bullies crunching their helmets together.

• Members

Originally posted by POGphile

Wait a minute, rugby is much more exciting that american football. Take out the cheerleaders and you got bunch of steroid popping bullies crunching their helmets together.

Just cause the playas like to have fun, why you gotta hate on 'em? Its cool cause I get to hang with all the Raiders at tha after party at Sweet Jimmy's.

• Members

no way man!

they can pass forward!!!!!!!

the tackles are sicker

they jump over tackles....

I'm not a massive fan I've never watched it for more than the highlights but it's still much more fun to watch than rugby.

rugby is the gayest thing ive ever watched

'lets all wear super short shorts, oh fancy a scrum?'

'yeah great lets have a scrum and when we've done feeling each other up lets have a ruck and do it again'

the play is too rigid and how the {censored} can they have offside if you're only allowed to passbackwards?

• Members

no way man!

the tackles are sicker

I'm not a massive fan I've never watched it for more than the highlights but it's still much more fun to watch than rugby.

'yeah great lets have a scrum and when we've done feeling each other up lets have a ruck and do it again'

the play is too rigid and how the {censored} can they have offside if you're only allowed to passbackwards?

Man you must have the hookup to some super hyphy organic stuff.

• Members

no way man!

the tackles are sicker

It is a game for SUPREME athletes....Not apes on Creatin(very close to cretin....coincidence?).
Gay? Sure, if you worry about that sort of thing!
IT'S A MANS GAME BABY!
They stay on the pitch and run all the time. No 30 minute breaks to powder their noses.
Just my opinion of course!
:wave: :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by joe_lechuza

to happy_thom;

you're not the only one who is gutted about Forest.
:(

once the greatest football team in the world, now we are merely footnotes, with records for the wrong reasons.

and yes, rugby is for ass-slapping gaywads.

:wave:

Are we talking both codes?
Or the gay Northern version?
Forest? Absolute bollocks after Cloughie left AND Keano joined a real team!

• Members

union is steeped in it's own toffery, and league is just horrifically boring; the only people watching rubgy leaue are whippet trainers and pigeon racers. called brian.

care to declare your football team? or let me guess.. manchester united? and you're from... surrey? prawn sandwiches anyone? :).

• Members

I say we just wait for the world series. That epitomises american sport + culture. Atleast for me.

Its like the kid on the playground who creates games so that he can play on his own with his imaginery friends.

"Protectionism is the ally of isolationism, and isolationism is the Dracula of American foreign policy"

William G. Hyland

:)

• Members
Originally posted by joe_lechuza

union is steeped in it's own toffery, and league is just horrifically boring; the only people watching rubgy leaue are whippet trainers and pigeon racers. called brian.

care to declare your football team? or let me guess.. manchester united? and you're from... surrey? prawn sandwiches anyone?

YOU HAVE NO IDEA STUPE!
31 years a fan so GET BENT!
See you read your Sun today!
MUPPET!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by hempathy

I say we just wait for the world series. That epitomises american sport + culture. Atleast for me.

Its like the kid on the playground who creates games so that he can play on his own with his imaginery friends.

"Protectionism is the ally of isolationism, and isolationism is the Dracula of American foreign policy"

William G. Hyland

:bor: :bor: :bor: :bor: :bor: :bor:

• Members

my fav anti-ManU chant, as heard at both the bridge and craven cottage,

"Live round the corner,
you only live round the corner"

American football is a bit moronic, but can be entertaining to watch when they edit out all the ads. I usually bother to watch a few of the play-off games each year and it is not bad. Rugby League is dire, I used to watch it as a kid, but it really is a stupid sport. Rgby (union) is not bad, but the games often have a poor atmosphere, largely due to the toffee-nosed crowd. Australian Rules, is odd, sometimes brutal, sometimes dull. But it is interesting if you are at the ground (rubbish on TV).

But nothing compares to the world game, the roundball game.

• Members
Originally posted by fernmeister

my fav anti-ManU chant, as heard at both the bridge and craven cottage,

"Live round the corner,

you only live round the corner"

American football is a bit moronic, but can be entertaining to watch when they edit out all the ads. I usually bother to watch a few of the play-off games each year and it is not bad. Rugby League is dire, I used to watch it as a kid, but it really is a stupid sport. Rgby (union) is not bad, but the games often have a poor atmosphere, largely due to the toffee-nosed crowd. Australian Rules, is odd, sometimes brutal, sometimes dull. But it is interesting if you are at the ground (rubbish on TV).

But nothing compares to the world game, the roundball game.

Yeah! Yeah!
More fans than anyone....
Since the 50's...
"You've only come to see United!"
Says it all!
Packed out at Old Trafford...What is the ground capacity at Chelski and Craven Cottage? Oh! Wait....No one cares!

• Members
Originally posted by ArKay

I hate soccer
:(
Every time Germany wins people over here act like we already won the Cup. Car-honking for hours. And there's a flag on every 4th car or so.
:rolleyes:

At least you guys win penalty shoot outs!
:D :D

• Members

Soccer is not part of our culture and never will be to the extent that the rest of the world considers it. I'd even say that in terms of how much it's cared about over here, it would rank down with minor league sports at best. That's fine too, it makes no difference to us or anyone else if the US doesn't 'get' it. We don't want to spend our time on it. As kids we grew up watching our hero's play football, baseball, even hockey and basketball. Our sports culture is full enough with sports we enjoy and care about, and as a whole ther just isn't enough room for soccer or the world cup. World spectacle or not, I would rather spend an afternoon at Wrigley Field watching the Cubs than spend 5 minutes watching a soccer game. So enjoy the cup for all the soccer fans, and don't worry why we don't care, we're sure not worrying about it over here.:cool:

Archived