Reptile (the Church)

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

This is news to me...

...Robo {censored}s little Tikis...

...that's gotta inflame the roids.
:eek:

I was confused by his statements also ... I guess all those splinters in the sphincter explains his personality or lack thereof ... vin deisel got a splinter in his arse after {censored}ting Tiki's etc ... blah blahhhh ...

• Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I was confused by his statements also ... I guess all those splinters in the sphincter explains his personality or lack thereof ... vin deisel got a splinter in his arse after {censored}ting Tiki's etc ... blah blahhhh ...

Yeah, I think MotoGimp was confused about what he dsicovered in the can after a dump...

...hmmm, is this me old mate Vinny, or is it an abstract version of Tiki? The Gimp is truly a philosopher.:D

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Yeah, I think MotoGimp was confused about what he dsicovered in the can after a dump...

...hmmm, is this me old mate Vinny, or is it an abstract version of Tiki? The Gimp is truly a philosopher.
:D

Indeed ... a mud philosopher speculating on the porcelain bus! :D

• Members

I've been a big Church fan since '86 when I saw them on the Heyday tour. I've seen them many times since, even hung with them backstage for a little partying at Tramps in NYC (RIP) and also at a recording studio in NY where they were doing overdubs. It was a great experience and a terribly de-myth-i-fying one as well ...

Anyway, they're an awesome band, still undervalued for what they've done, which is fine with me anyway.

Tiki currently records with their original studio engineer!

Check out the Remote Luxury album if you can find it for cheap. Really mellow, but full of hooks and textures and Kilbey's amazing wordplay.
The Blurred Crusade is good for a BIG sounding 80's neo-psychedlic thing. Fat-ass gtr. tones abound.
And Preist=Aura for a later sound that's also deep, rich and full of mystery.

nice call there fatback!

• Members

Yeah.. I don't know if you've caught that live performance of Tantalized on You Tube but man... Marty's got me jonesing for a Rick 360-12 now! (as if i wasn't before).

Some great pics on there website if you sign up for the members area. Not a ton comes out gearwise.. but I do get the impression Pete uses some rack stuff. I know Marty has always used an Ibanez UE-405 or 400.

I was also checkign out their discography.. there's a ton that I didn't know existed. When I first got into them, which was right when Starfish was out, I got all the backlog of cassettes I could find, plus the VHS that they released after Metropolis came out. But man, I still didn't realize there was early stuff i never had, plus I didn't realize how many albums came out after Metropolis. I guess during that time I'd gotten more into heavier stuff at that point... but it looks like I might have missed out on some good stuff. I wish iTunes carried 192kb files... I'd have gotten everything I've been missing last night.

-Todd

Archived