roger mayer axis fuzz

Fork Man

• Members

I have one. It is pretty cool. The knob that controls fuzz dials in at a predictable rate until the last little bit, then it goes all out tons of fuzz all at once. I usually leave it turned all the way up for maximum fuzz, but the subtler settings are nice too because most fuzz pedals don't seem to offer the little bit of fuzz sounds that are available with the Axis. It is articulate in that you can usually hear all the strings when playing chords. It cleans up when you turn down the volume on your guitar. I think it sounds best with the neck pickup and the tone rolled down a little through a slightly dirty amp. It is worth checking out. Sometimes I like it and sometimes not so much. The other day I played it and I liked it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

like everyone said, but I feel there is a sweet spot. At the last three quarters of the fuzz dial it really jumps into high gain. I like to get it to that point, you'll hear a lot of extra noise, and then just turn it down a hair, so the newly introduced background fuzz is about halved. Notes really bloom and when you turn down your volume knob its instant keef richards rhythm tones.

Archived