Anyone not buying a disnortion?

• Members

Alot of builders have said or done things here that I don't agree with or like, but If they come out with a great product at a good price I would only be robbing myself by not buying it. On the other hand builders that are real helpful and show some class make me want to buy there product.

Oh and no I will not be buying the Pig pedal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Originally posted by Ty Gerhardt

Will an audience be able to tell from the tone coming out of my speakers how much a particular pedal builder spammed the pedal I'm using on the internet?

For me that's the bottom line...if a pedal sounds awesome I don't care if the guy comes knocking on my door to tell me about it in the middle of banging Alicia Witt.
:o

Ok. Personally I dislike entering a tread about a particular gain pedal only to encounter a pretentious post from another builder suggesting that his product is better. What's worse, he never includes any infor, just the picture, as if it speaks for itself how much better the product is.

• Members

These guys would build a lot more of a following and sell a lot more if they didn't use this forum for blatant free advertising. When people ask for independant advice/suggestions on what pedal to buy, it is NOT OK TO SAY BUY MINE, IT'S THE BEST (even if it may be the best option in the situation). The stupid part is, it's just turning potential buyers away (ie. this thread). Pigtronix is getting a bad name in several forums I've noticed.

I thought they may have changed their spots with the Echolution because that thread was started by Bieke I recall, and we haven't seen Echolution pics everywhere...but may be that's just because it hasn't been released yet. The Echo interests me, but this {censored} has me thinking it must be crap and it's a plain turn off. :freak:

My suggestion is: Pigtronix - stop spamming and simply participate in the forum, and answer questions about your gear when they arise.

If they're as good as you say (and quite a few like the phaser) then they'll attract buyers.:idea:

• Members

You guys are mental. Bitchy internet geeks on a forum. I have a used Pigtronix EP-1 that I got second hand. Awesome pedal. I emailed Koltai and he offered to upgrade it to my liking since its an older model for FREE!!!!!! Responded quick and that was even right after he got back from his honeymoon. I had several questions and he made sure I knew what I wanted and in no way, shape or from tried to get easy money out of me when he could have. Pigtronix is not a company based on internet forum gossip and chit-chat. It is a company based on good customer service, great, innovative products and how'd they do it prices relative to what you get. If Pigtronix is good enough for Howard Davis to come out of retirement, its good enough for me.

• Members
Originally posted by canucker1981

You guys are mental. Bitchy internet geeks on a forum. I have a used Pigtronix EP-1 that I got second hand. Awesome pedal. I emailed Koltai and he offered to upgrade it to my liking since its an older model for FREE!!!!!! Responded quick and that was even right after he got back from his honeymoon. I had several questions and he made sure I knew what I wanted and in no way, shape or from tried to get easy money out of me when he could have. Pigtronix is not a company based on internet forum gossip and chit-chat. It is a company based on good customer service, great, innovative products and how'd they do it prices relative to what you get. If Pigtronix is good enough for Howard Davis to come out of retirement, its good enough for me.

What does any of this have to do with SPAMMING the forum ad nauseum...

...n.o.t.h.i.n.g.:idea:

• Members

The main thing that has turned me off to Pigtronix was during the introduction of the phase pedal, and he was pointing people here to the website but it emphatically stated on the website he only wanted to be contacted by "professional" players about demoing the pedal. That my not have been up for long, can't recall, but the first time I visited the site that's what I saw and I thought "why the hell post the site on the effects forum then?" and decided I'd never buy one of his pedals. If I'm not good enough as a non-professional who has played for more than 20 years to try his pedals, well.....:rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

These guys would build a lot more of a following and sell a lot more if they didn't use this forum for blatant free advertising. When people ask for independant advice/suggestions on what pedal to buy, it is NOT OK TO SAY BUY MINE, IT'S THE BEST (even if it may be the best option in the situation). The stupid part is, it's just turning potential buyers away (ie. this thread). Pigtronix is getting a bad name in several forums I've noticed.

I thought they may have changed their spots with the Echolution because that thread was started by Bieke I recall, and we haven't seen Echolution pics everywhere...but may be that's just because it hasn't been released yet. The Echo interests me, but this {censored} has me thinking it must be crap and it's a plain turn off.
:freak:

My suggestion is: Pigtronix - stop spamming and simply participate in the forum, and answer questions about your gear when they arise.

If they're as good as you say (and quite a few like the phaser) then they'll attract buyers.
:idea:

I hope someone guts it and copies it in a MIA format.
Then I'll buy that.

I won't buy spamming china crap.

• Members

^Well about anything with electronic parts
originates mostly from China and Taiwan....that is where the things are made, ideals are ok I guess...but just never very much in touch with anything related to how the world is.
Niels

• Members

I don't have a prob buying Chinese made, but I'd also expect the price to be a hell of a lot lower than the equivalent gear made in USA, Canada or Aus...I think that's reasonable, unless the cost savings aren't being passed on.

This is still a seperate issue to how the maker uses this forum.:idea:

• Members
Originally posted by derek_32999

IF his disnortion is a 3 in 1 with the quality comparable to boss MIT then $180 would be a somewhat fair price. I'm still not gonna buy one tho
:thu:

Yeah, not too bad...

...I was actually thinking of the Echolution relative to other digital delays.

I take your point though...you'd be more open minded about it if they were more open minded about their advertising strategy?:D

• Members
Originally posted by Rid

^Well about anything with electronic parts

originates mostly from China and Taiwan....that is where the things are made, ideals are ok I guess...but just never very much in touch with anything related to how the world is.

Niels

I said withing reason.
Lik,e a cumputers part you have no choice.
Your potentiometers you have no choice.
A pedal in it's entirity you have a choice.

• Members

As far as I'm concerned a pedal maker could use this forum to post pics of himself screwing his pet goat and to tell us we're all cunts and we need to buy his product...if his pedal is awesome and it makes a sound that I simply have to have, I'm buying it.

Now, if I can buy other pedals with as good of a sound or better and they have better customer service, I'll buy my pedals there...which is why I don't own any Fulltone products besides the BassDrive which I use in my bass rig (I'm a guitarist primarily)...when there's n equal or better two channel bass overdrive, the BassDrive comes off the board.

So if this Disnortion pedal ends up setting a tonal benchmark with me, I'll buy at least one...two if I like it alot.

• Members
Originally posted by canucker1981

You guys are mental. Bitchy internet geeks on a forum. I have a used Pigtronix EP-1 that I got second hand. Awesome pedal. - - - - If Pigtronix is good enough for Howard Davis to come out of retirement, its good enough for me.

Retirement?
Rumors of my demise are premature. I love designing pedals and will NEVER retire!
Thanks for the compliments - I intend to keep earning them.

Guitar pedal design engineering, repairs, and custom mods:
http://howard.davis2.home.att.net/

• Members

Yeah, when I heard that they were constructed in China, that rubbed me the wrong way. I wasn't really interested in anything they had to offer before, and they were becoming annoying, but I thought they were a booteek company.

Originally posted by Ty Gerhardt

As far as I'm concerned a pedal maker could use this forum to post pics of himself screwing his pet goat and to tell us we're all cunts and we need to buy his product...if his pedal is awesome and it makes a sound that I simply have to have, I'm buying it.

I take it you have a few of devi's pedals then. :D