Anyone else watching Pearl Jam on Storytellers?

• Members

Man, they are in rare form. The band's performance has some of the raw energy that they used to have and the reason that I liked them so much way back when. They don't look bored on stage like I've seen in some recent performances...even when playing tried and true classics like Alive which I'm sure they've played a couple of thousand times.

For a long time fan who hasn't been impressed in quite a few years, I'm impressed tonight.

Anyone else watching and care to share their comments?

• Members

I think it's great that they have opinions when it comes to politics but holy {censored}! Give it a rest! It got old by just starting the show off with his story about Cheney and Bush being liars. That's fine, I understand your point, I get it. But Christ! Just play music!

The order of the show went something like this:

Bush and Cheney are {censored}ing liars

Song

All Republicans are gorilla {censored}ing douche's

Song

Abortions for all!

Song

Conversatives eat BBQed dog {censored}

Song

Liberals kick {censored}ing ass!

Song

This administration blows donkey nuts

Song

{censored} all non-Democrats!

• Members

there are two kind of musicians. there is political activist, and then there's the ones who like to blow guys for crack, pick up 9 year old hookers, and sell there songs for toyota commercials.

pearl jam is cool with me.

• Members

Originally posted by qwertyredred

yea, sure. but i want to hear some music, not your anti bush stuff. its almost like a band wagon thing these days.

funny thing about that public outrage of abuse of power

kind of symptomatic

I think your anger is directed at the wrong people

• Members

Originally posted by ScreamCage

I just moved to Bolivia (South America) about three weeks ago, and we don't get VH1 here. I was hoping that it'd pop up on the net in the next couple of days.

You don't get VH1 because you don't believe in AMERICA! :mad:

j/k :thu:

• Members

yea, sure. but i want to hear some music, not your anti bush stuff. its almost like a band wagon thing these days.

I can see that point of view, but the band has been vocally anti Bush since before he was even elected. (And for that matter, they were anti Bush Sr. as well.) Even after 9/11 when it was "un-american" not to support the president.

Hardly jumping on any bandwagon.

Gotta respect the fact that they stick to their guns, whether you agree with them or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by CicadaSilence

You don't get VH1 because you don't believe in AMERICA!
:mad:

Everytime a child stops believing in America, it's president loses one more percentage point of approval. Now everybody, clap your hands...while filling out your valeds...:thu:

Archived