What was your first job?

• Members

My first job was when I was still at highshool in year 10 ... I worked at a guitar shop in a large country town dressing frets and learning to do set-ups & repairs on guitars. I really dug it, especially cleaning fret boards - it was like serious occupational therapy --- I just went through this last night cleaning down the fretboard of my bass ... I get right into it. I have often wondered what it might be like to do a luthiers course - I think I might like that allot.

You?

• Members

worked in an office of the courthouse, sorting some tax bills and stamping the post, from the money i bought my first mountain bike

a later summer job (can't remember which one) gave me the ability to buy my first real guitar, a washburn d-10 accoustic, i still have

• Members

I was 15 and I got a job as a dishwasher at an Italian restaurant. 3 buddies of mine also worked there. We had a blast. I was always asking the manager to schedule me more hours. After about a month, he finally gave me more hours. Then I asked for time off to go to my sisters house in Las Vegas. The manager said "Take all the time you need, you're fired." So began my career of tormenting management types.

• Members

Landscaping graveyards

Believe it or not, it wasn't as bad as it sounds. Being outside, not working when it rains and flying solo for most of the day was kind of nice. The walking behind a mower part sucked though.

Archived