PRS Guitars, geniuenity ?

• Members

Do you have pics of it?

Seriously, I don't mean this in a nasty way at all, but if you can't tell the difference between a copy PRS and a real PRS then a real PRS is not the guitar for you.

It's a really high-quality instrument, loaded with some of the best parts and materials money can buy. The workmanship on them is fantastic. I dont believe that anyone could make a believeable copy.

Post some pics of it if you can and I might be able to help, I've owned a PRS and played lots and lots of them.

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

Do you have pics of it?

Seriously, I don't mean this in a nasty way at all, but if you can't tell the difference between a copy PRS and a real PRS then a real PRS is not the guitar for you.

It's a really high-quality instrument, loaded with some of the best parts and materials money can buy. The workmanship on them is fantastic. I dont believe that anyone could make a believeable copy.

Post some pics of it if you can and I might be able to help, I've owned a PRS and played lots and lots of them.

I have seen some Dillion copies, that if they had the headstock decal removed, that would take some very convincing pictures. Our poster is in Istanbul, where I imagine there arent very many PRS guitars to compare to.

Here is a good rule of thumb for buying....

1. Get lots of pictures

2. Ask for references, and check the references

3. If all of the references are from throwaway accounts, such as hotmail, gmail, yahoo, msn... do not buy

4. Get a verifiable phone number and address(no PO Boxes or Cell Phones)

5. Pay with Paypal or an escrow site such as escrow.com, no money orders. If the person takes a credit card, that is the best solution.

6. If something smells fishy about the deal, dont do it. Even if this is your dream guitar, if the deal smells fishy, it probably is.

7. Dont buy from anywhere in Africa, Malaysia, or Singapore, as there are a lot of forgeries.

John

Archived