i miss phish

• Members

Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

i just watched the 20th year anniversary montage on you tube... made me cry- i remember that show.

I've been listening to the Haloween '96 show a lot lately. Great stuff. I'm betting they'll get back together for a few more shows before its all said and done. Maybe..

• Members

I would love to know where this information about Phish coming back is located at. C'mon I know we all want to believe that some day, Phish will return. But if you look at it from my standpoint, after seeing 138 shows from 97-2004, things got really {censored}ty, and Trey had a problem, which he has taken care of, but after reading some Guitar World, and other Interviews with Trey, I don't think Phish will ever play again, but I didn't say that Trey, Mike, Page, and Fish wouldn't, now did I! Where is this bookings at the Garden and Spectrum info at? If you are going to bring {censored} up, you better have the source to back it up. Don't get people's pheelings twisted by false hope. Do what I do, remember the good ole days when you saw and heard what made you pheel great inside. It's tough, and for those who don't understand what we are talking about, get a Live Shows, {censored} I'll send you some if you don't know Phish, and really blow your mind. They were the best Jam Band in my opinion, then again I never got to see the Dead, so that's left to personal interests, but I do know, that I miss them, I loved every second they were on stage, going backstage after shows and talking music with them. But I don't know if them ever coming back would be what we would want. They aren't Junta anymore, they don't have that 97' Fall Phunk, it just seems like they lost that ability to create onstage after Hiatus, except for a few shows, Vegas 03', SPAC 04'. But I guess time will tell, if anybody really wants to know the Secret, you can PM me, it's not for everybody to hear!

• Members

138 shows!!! Good god! Looks like we've got a bonefied Phishead in here fellas! I'm really skeptical about this new tour now if this guy hasn't heard anything about it.

Oh, tmd...you might wanna put a couple of blank lines in there to space out your statements, kinda tough to read in one long rambling block like that :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by tmd187

I would love to know where this information about Phish coming back is located at.

I have a mutual friend with Tom Marshall. I can also confirm the NYE booking.

• Members

Originally posted by tmd187

But if you look at it from my standpoint, after seeing 138 shows from 97-2004, things got really {censored}ty,

....But I don't know if them ever coming back would be what we would want. They aren't Junta anymore, they don't have that 97' Fall Phunk, it just seems like they lost that ability to create onstage after Hiatus, except for a few shows, Vegas 03', SPAC 04'. But I guess time will tell, if anybody really wants to know the Secret, you can PM me, it's not for everybody to hear!

I didn't get into Phish until like '97 or so. I I've heard over and over again how they used to better, and so forth. But I loved it. I didn't need them to be so perfectly tight. In fact, I loved the tones he was getting from like '99 on better than some of the early shows I heard where he was technically more proficient. Big fat tones, less sterile precision.

But either way, I like life with it better than without it.

There's just something that Trey does that satisfies me so throroughly. I saw Panic last week and though I enjoyed it, it just didn't hit those levels that I get from Trey.

I love that name, the ambiguously trey duo. That was hilarious.

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

I didn't get into Phish until like '97 or so. I I've heard over and over again how they used to better, and so forth. But I loved it. I didn't need them to be so perfectly tight. In fact, I loved the tones he was getting from like '99 on better than some of the early shows I heard where he was technically more proficient. Big fat tones, less sterile precision.

But either way, I like life with it better than without it.

There's just something that Trey does that satisfies me so throroughly. I saw Panic last week and though I enjoyed it, it just didn't hit those levels that I get from Trey.

I love that name, the ambiguously trey duo. That was hilarious.

Panic ain't quite the same without Howser, although I've heard the new guy is pretty good. Haven't seen them with the replacement yet.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Panic ain't quite the same without Howser, although I've heard the new guy is pretty good. Haven't seen them with the replacement yet.

A friend told me that he liked the new guy better

I agreed

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

A friend told me that he liked the new guy better

I agreed

I've heard that too. Hopefully they'll do ACL this year, as it looks like I'll be in attendance this year, much to the chagrin of my pocketbook.

• Members

the only thing i remember about Phish was the 3 summers they came up to Loring Air Force Base in Limestone, Maine.

I had to open the Shop'n Save (Hannaford supermarket) during those years. I had to shoo the kiddies playing baseball in out front parking lot where we had huge glass doors.

Our usual clean one person bathrooms became showers for those dirty Yuppies.

A portion of the fans were extremely rude to the family and communities that were helping them out as much as they could for directions.

Many people didn't arrive early and came up with single stretch roads backed up for about 50 miles at once....some even crossed the border by accident into New Brunswick, Canada.

Bottom line: Tourism was great for Aroostook County, Maine those summer and we sadly relied on Phish during those years for stability...

Maine is a low income state, and i wouldn't doubt if Northern Maine dies in a couple decades if it technically hasnn't already...

Archived