Anyone using these pedalboards???

jkg

• Members

I saw this on Ebay, but it seems that the bottom where the pedals go mounted is a little "deep" isn't it?? is there a need to "raise"them ??? anyone uses one of these???

Thanks.

• Members

I have 2 ata's. One of them was just padding so I built a board that going inside of it to raise everything up. It made it heavier but was needed so I could put a shelf in it.

The other has about a 2 inch lip and it doesn't seem to be too much a problem. I have to inset my volume pedals in a little bit or it's easy to catch your heal on the lip if you foot isn't all the way on the pedal.

I got the better of the 2 I have from angstrom cases. Pretty quick ship and top quality case. They do run a bit higher but they are better then the plywood ata's (the small of the 2 I have is this kind). I think the size of the board has alot to do with how well the case needs to be made. Big board needs a stronger case!

• Members
Originally posted by rhino bucket

ata, can rot in hell as far as i'm concerned.

damn tired of them flooding the ebay amp section with thier bull{censored}.

um...:confused:

ATA stands for Air Transportation Association of America. Compliance to their Specification 300 Category 1 is the best way to evaluate the survivability of reusable shipping cases under environmental, human & mechanical conditions.

http://www.starcase.com/starfactswhatisata.html

• Members

Here's my 34x20:
ISLANDCASESPEDALBOARD.jpg

and inside:
PEDALBOARD621.jpg

I use 1/2" blocks to raise the pedals enough for the jacks to clear the lip.
Got mine from Island Cases for $89 (+ $38 shipping) and it's the best board I've used in 35 years, which includes 4 home-made ones (up in my attic now) and several store-bought models.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I recently bought several of the 34x16x6 size pedalboards from Island Cases. Excellent pedalboards for the money!

I've since decided to scale back some of my pedals and sell one of the pedalboards (brand new, never used). If you're interested, please send me a message. I'd be willing to let it go for $115 delivered via Paypal with a confirmed address. I will also ship within 24hrs of payment in it's original box. (with no 3 week wait, like ordering from Island Cases!)

Here's a few pics:

pedalboard1.jpg

pedalboard2.jpg

Archived