YOU rate MkF's guitars!

• Members

Here's your opportunity of a lifetime! You can rate MkF's guitars. Be nice, be a bastard, be honest or lie your arse off. :) Here are the ladies.....

White Pearl top Agile w/ chrome appointments and modified Duncan pups:

chromepearl3.jpg

Agile w/ black appointments and Duncan pickups:

star3.jpg

Dean acoustic:

pinky.jpg

~MkF!

"Like the Pres says: Don't pull out before the job is done!"

• Members
Originally posted by MonkeyKnifeFighter

Here's your opportunity of a lifetime! You can rate MkF's guitars. Be nice, be a bastard, be honest or lie your arse off.
:)
Here are the ladies.....

chromepearl3.jpg

star3.jpg

Dean acoustic:

pinky.jpg

~MkF!

Right then. I don't care for the first guitar. Sorry, but I don't. The pickguard is kinda cool, and I like the knobs, but I don't like the shape. If you're going to copy a Les Paul, copy a Les Paul.

However, and I realise the irony of this comment (I blame the camera angle), I quite like the 2nd. The stars are cool. Also, I dig the white custom look. Not too keen on the look of the pickups - I prefer something a bit less brash and "in your face" so to speak.

Meanwhile, the acoustic, for some reason, I love. Maybe it's the bridge, maybe it's the flame (even though I don't usually like flames on acoustics). Maybe it;s the pink manliness of it all. Whatever, it's my favourite!! Now go rate mine sucka:)

• Members

The agiles remind me what happens when you take your mom's ford focus and install aftermarket fiberglass skirts, a wing spoiler and blue neon undercarriage lights.

Agile #1 - 5.0 ---> at least you can use the pickguard to apply your makeup.

Agile #2 - 4.0 ---> the toggle switch doesn't match, and there's not enough stars.

The pink abortion - 3.0 ---> Are you really a guy, or are you a 8 year old girl?

• Members

Here's your opportunity of a lifetime! You can rate MkF's guitars. Be nice, be a bastard, be honest or lie your arse off.
Here are the ladies.....

chromepearl3.jpg

star3.jpg

Dean acoustic:

pinky.jpg

~MkF!

Did you buy that Agile in a gift shop in Texas????

• Members

The first guitar is just screaming for another finish. Nice chrome pieces, but that finish for some reason reminds me of an unclean public restroom that hasn't been updated since 1976.

Second guitar is more like it. I really dig the pole pieces on the bridge pickup and the black on white. I could have used some more stars, but I'll go with an eight.

The third guitar is just a big pile of wrong. Whenever I see guitars like that I wonder, who the hell buys these things, but at least now I know so I will give it a four.:D

• Members

Your Dean acoustic needs cartoon dinosaur stickers. Until it gets some, I'm afraid I can't even be bothered to rate it! :(

The Agile w/ black appointments and Duncan pickups is sexual, though. That gets a 9. Lube it up and let me "play" with it, and maybe you'll get a 10. And a sticky fretboard.

• Members

short MKF style rating.

#1 i give a 8
i liked the fact that even though it's a photograph of his guitar.i could still see myself in the pickguard.

#2 i give a 5
mostly because it's his second white guitar.and the black on white binding ain't happen.some racial tension going on with this guitar.i don't think Jessie Jackson or MLK would approve eihter.

#3 i give a 1
i would never be able to play anything but the theme from the pink panther on this guitar.while that would be cool it would get old fast and for that i give it a 1.

• Members

that acoustic well i say!

its once belived that a man who likes pink, loves the cock...but these days its untrue. so, why pink? in fact i like that its a pink BURST, but ...WHY PINK!

i give the acoustic a 7/10, 3 marks for pure balls:thu:

Here are the ladies.....

chromepearl3.jpg

I like the chrome, it gives it an individual and unique look. Classy, but not too overstated. It probably reflects stage lighting quite well, resulting in momentary blindness for some audience members - which might be a good thing, since music is more about listening instead of looking IMO. Extra point added if your stage show sux and blinding the audience helps them not to see it, and one more point added if the music is good enough to stand on its own without visuals. If 5 is average, 10 stunning and 0 sux, I give this one a healthy 7.

star3.jpg

Five stars? Only if your last name is Nimitz, MacArthur, Bradley, Eisenhower, Marshall, Arnold, Leahy, Halsey or King. For anyone else, it's a bit presumptious. This guitar reminds me of a combination of the uniforms worn by MacArthur's "palace guards" in occupied Japan just after the conclusion of WWII and one of Richie Sambora's rejects. That's not really a good thing. I give it a 4.

Dean acoustic:

pinky.jpg

Flame with fuchsia? After Memorial Day?
:confused:

You are either female (and why couldn't there be a female Monkey Knife Fighter?), or have either bigger, or smaller balls than I do... I'm not sure which. Either way, this color should be on a ML or a Z.... not on an acoustic. I give it a 1.5.

• Members

First one: 9.7 out of 9.8 - I can't give full marks to an LP, I'm afraid, but that's so darned close it hurts.

Second one: 6.3 out of 10.2. Just not "clean" enough for my tastes.

Dean acoustic: I'm sure this should be minus a bazillion out of a bajillion, but somehow it's over the top enough that it just about works. 3.2 out of 4.7.

• Members

Pearl top Agile~ 9.5/10

Agile #2~ 9/10

Dean acoustic~ 10/10 :eek:

Both Agiles scored well because as you know, I love Agile Les Pauls! I like that you made them your own. The Dean only scored well because you are one of the very few people that could get away with playing that guitar.

• Members

The white pearl top is totally cool, but I do like the black binding the Agile has. I dont like black hardware though (:wave:)
There's only one thing more worse than blue guitars, and that's a pink one. Seriously, I don't know why I am even wasting these words on that guitar :eek:

Anyway, points please..

• Members

Here are the ladies.....

chromepearl3.jpg

star3.jpg

Dean acoustic:

pinky.jpg

~MkF!

2 because I like the pearl top.
1 because it doesn't have a pearl top
-10.........it's a fake laminte top with a pukey color and sounds like it's made in a Korean sneaker factory.

Archived