Finally thought of a name for my Rat

• Members

Building a Rat clone with some clipping mods and an additional pot. That makes four knobs.

I've been thinking and thinking. What would be a good name.

It came to me tonight...

fkr.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by vigor&kandor

what is the 4th knob for?

i spent alot of time playing with the clipping section of my rat, only to end up with the stock diodes.

good luck!

The fourth knob is a 3P4W rotary to switch between four different clipping sections/modes.

When you were messing with the diodes, do you add an additional clipping section, or just swap values?

I'm working from the Multi-Rat schematic. On the breadboard, it sounds pretty versatile.

• Members

I odn't know if you're planning on going into production with it or not, but if so you should probably consider removing the words "four knob rat" and leave it FKR. You don't want to give ProCo a legitimate case for suing your arse off. :p

• Members

Originally posted by UnkleSlam

I odn't know if you're planning on going into production with it or not, but if so you should probably consider removing the words "four knob rat" and leave it FKR. You don't want to give ProCo a legitimate case for suing your arse off.
:p

No production plans yet, but that's a good point. I'll change it to Four Knob Rodent.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

The fourth knob is a 3P4W rotary to switch between four different clipping sections/modes.

When you were messing with the diodes, do you add an additional clipping section, or just swap values?

I'm working from the
schematic. On the breadboard, it sounds pretty versatile.

i just swapped diodes. are you going to add mosfets as clipping diodes too(like mentioned in the SCODvFDII thread?) i am now thinking about finding some. i also tried a LM308 chip in my rat and i liked the stock chip better. the LM308 was noisier and harsher sounding. it was not a metal can 308.

Archived