SWEET! Classic psych rock sleeper album find

loofery

• Members

It's called "The Adventures of Robert Savage" and it's an album from 1971.

I can't find any great information on it (no wikipedia article even) but I gathered that it was a trio and this was Savage's only LP (so no volume 2 :().

However, he more than shows proficiency on the guitar.

The album sounds like a cross of the Yardbirds and Syd-led Floyd and the Doors, and his playing is Jimi-inspired. That means its quite good.

I found the album by accident on a torrent site. "Nine Albums of Psychedelic Rock-Heavy 1968-72" was a torrent that came up when I searched for something like Trower and I clicked on that, it had detailed descriptions of the albums and Savage's looked good so I dl'ed that one.

I suggest you do the same, you can find it on Torrent Spy or ISO Hunt.

Just search for Nine Albums of Psychedelic Rock-Heavy 1968-72 .

RobertSavage-Front.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Going to download now. Doors meets Jimi meets early Floyd meets yardbirds sounds interesting.

Didn't see it on torrentspy though.

try iso hunt. and if that doesn't work, just do a few of the words. too bad i can't direct link for some reason.

in regards to the question, no I'm not a subscriber to Psychadelic Weekly but i think i should get more of it.. currently into funk and rock and roll like Humble Pie

• Members

its cool.

There's a somewhat more current band that I immediately thought of listening to this. They're instrumental, but you should check them out.

Mystic Krewe of Clearlight

OH!

and Mahavishnu Orchestra (john mclaughlin jazz/fusion/psych rock)

• Members

Originally posted by omor

its cool.

There's a somewhat more current band that I immediately thought of listening to this. They're instrumental, but you should check them out.

Mystic Krewe of Clearlight

OH!

and Mahavishnu Orchestra (john mclaughlin jazz/fusion/psych rock)

please reccomend me some mahavishnu album/s that are the epitome of mclaughlin cause i've NEVER heard his work although i am familiar with the name and legacy :eek:

• Members

Never heard of him. I don't use torrents, but maybe it'll show up on usenet one of these days.

Oh, and check out Inner Mounting Flame by the Mahavishnu Orchestra. It's my favorite by them, but I certianly haven't listened to all they have to offer.

• Members

Originally posted by Jon Hiller

There is a Bob Savage that posts in the amp forum. He seems to be a pretty good player as well. You don't think?......

o my... i searched for Robert Savage and found one thing where someone quoted Bob Savage and said "Robert Savage.."

COULD BE!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived