GuyaGuy's Honeymoon with the Empress Tremolo...

GuyaGuy

• Members
Originally posted by Mistersuperfly

I love mine, makes me wonder how people use trem without a tap tempo

nice pix!
i was really impressed with how clean and simple the circuit is.
not that i have any inkling of what's going on in there. :)

and, yeah, i was always skeptical about tap tempo trem--until i saw this ratio tapping. that makes a LOT of sense--'specially in conjunction with the rhythmic patterns!

• Members
Originally posted by Johnny Fandango

I still cant bring myself to pull the trigger on the Empress cuzza the Goatkeeper! Based on the clips what do you think? Im looking for a distictive sound that I can use in sounds that tie in with the song...ya follow me?

:wave:

right now i'm lovin' the Empress and don't plan to give it up.
it's interface makes things SO simple to use. and you can jump to crazy rhythm setting with just a turn of the dial. they're almost like presets! i was impressed by the zvex, which is the 1st trem w/ sequencer that i know of, but dialing in new settings between songs seemed like too much for live. i've found it extremely easy to integrate the Empress into songs--in both regular and more outre passages.

like i mentioned in another thread, i think the Goatkeeper would be a GREAT studio tool. but since you have to dial in the stages it makes it less practical live--assuming you wanna use it for more than one setting. of course, i've never played it so i could be wrong.

Archived