Wah

Zoidberg

• Members

A year ago I had a PW-10 by Boss..

way too digitol, didn't like it. :freak:

It was sold.

Kinda burned me out on wah...

but lately, I've started to feel mild wah-GAS.

I don't know how much I'll use a wah if I find one I like, it might be much.. or it might be just for having one around when I feel like playing with it..

So the options I'm looking at is:

hunting down a used Crybaby Classic w/fasel, hopefully pretty cheap..

or getting a Colorsound or a Bud-wah maybe..

Is there a gap in quality that justifies spending maybe 100$ more for a Colorsound or Budda?

What say ye? ;)

• Members

im not sure what your tastes are but i bought a crybaby classic brand new and it crapped out on me in 2 months of very light usage...

again im not sure of your tastes but im a fan of vox, i think they have a good sound if you like their brand.

what genre do you play?

• Members
Originally posted by ganesh

Might seem like a dumb question, but are you actually wah-ing with it or do you leave the pedal in a single position to get a boost in a particularly frequency range?

It's for wahing I'm getting it ;)

• Members

I feel that yes, there is a difference. I never liked the crybaby, it sounded meh and was hard to control. The Bud Wah sounds great and is easy to control. I like it better than the RMC1 and Clyde Deluxe.

• Members

Originally posted by madmike90

im not sure what your tastes are but i bought a crybaby classic brand new and it crapped out on me in 2 months of very light usage...

again im not sure of your tastes but im a fan of vox, i think they have a good sound if you like their brand.

what genre do you play?

yeah my jimi hendrix wah isn't working correctly right now, when its all the way down i get nothing but buzzing noises, that overpower the guitar.

I'd say look into the morley wahs, I'm pretty sure they are true bypass, and a wah will eat your tone.

Archived