SCOD vs FD2 Last time I'm askin' :)

SeeMoore

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

Considering I am a Fender amp man you may have it the otherway around... But there are plenty of SCOD players with Dr. Z's. If I could find a Z around here that wasn't already owned by somebody else I would certaily have one of their fine amps in my arsenal.

I will be gettin' me one of them SCOD's, I just wish ya had a local dealer, Va.

• Members

Originally posted by 9-Pin-Phoenix

I don't know if it is the end all, or be all, but I use an FD2 with my DRRI and I love it. But I haven't tried a SCOD, so I couldn't tell you how it compares.

I'll wind up gettin' both pedals, I don't know why I even asked. :D

• Members

oh for {censored}s sake.. the SCOD sounds absolutely nothing like a RAT

I've played the SCOD through a Dr. Z Maz 38 and it totally killed.

I've also played it through a Fender Twin (sorry, closest thing to a DRRI that I've played it through) and it also sounded amazing. But Twins are good as an empty canvas so any good pedal should, in theory, sound pretty good through them

I've also played the FDII through two Dr Z amps. The Maz and a Carmen Ghia. It sounded Ok but Im kinda biased against the FDII. Its just too nasally for me. It's not to say it sounded bad...just not my cup of tea

I will say this though.. not sure why you're comparing these two OD's. They're really apples and oranges. If anything, I'd say you could use both for completely different applications

• Members
Originally posted by Stoney Stomp

I will say this though.. not sure why you're comparing these two OD's. They're really apples and oranges. If anything, I'd say you could use both for completely different applications

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

SCOD = rat

FD2 = TS

take your pick.

It is well known that the FD2 is a modded TS.

It is less well known that the OCD is a slightly modded Rat.

But I don't think the SCOD is a Rat. I did a bit of spellunking on mine before I traded it and it sure doesn't look like a Rat.

Maybe the builder will chime in and tell me I'm wrong?

• Members

I like the FD2. Never tried the SCOD. Sounds like maybe what you need to do is buy both, keep the one you like and sell the other one to somebody else. Chances are you can easily sell either of those pedals for what you paid to someone around here.

• Members

Best way to find out . . . I've got a SCOD for sale in the SPAM thread. :o

Go with the SCOD. Such a damn cool pedal (only reason I'm selling is that I just bought an Orange amp so I'm trying to minimize/eliminate my dirt pedals). HIGHLY recommended. I actually feel bad for selling it because I've been somewhat of a self-appointed ambassador for the SCOD for the 2 years I've had it, telling anybody who will listen that they need to pick one up.

• Members

Originally posted by SmelltheGlove

Best way to find out . . . I've got a SCOD for sale in the SPAM thread.
:o

Go with the SCOD. Such a damn cool pedal (only reason I'm selling is that I just bought an Orange amp so I'm trying to minimize/eliminate my dirt pedals). HIGHLY recommended. I actually feel bad for selling it because I've been somewhat of a self-appoint ambassador for the SCOD for the 2 years I've had it, telling anybody who will listen that they need to pick one up.

You'll be sorry......

They always are.

• Members

Originally posted by SmelltheGlove

Best way to find out . . . I've got a SCOD for sale in the SPAM thread.
:o

Go with the SCOD. Such a damn cool pedal (only reason I'm selling is that I just bought an Orange amp so I'm trying to minimize/eliminate my dirt pedals). HIGHLY recommended. I actually feel bad for selling it because I've been somewhat of a self-appointed ambassador for the SCOD for the 2 years I've had it, telling anybody who will listen that they need to pick one up.

That's hysterical. I felt the same exact way. I've been a huge advocate of the SCOD. Then I got an Orange AD30TC and decided to downsize all my dirt.

BUT.. i felt awful selling the SCOD..so i didnt.

Then I started using the SCOD for more of the over-the-top parts in songs. Typically where one would use a fuzz (but I dont like fuzz's, generally) and Im so glad i didnt sell her. Because she does sound exceptionally good with the Orange :D

• Members

Because she does sound exceptionally good with the Orange
:D

definitely.. i tried lowroads a few years ago with the orange ad140 he had at the time and it sounded unbelievably good. it instantly reminded me of a fuller, fuzzier, more punchy rat though so i totally understand where people are hearing that.

• Members

That's hysterical. I felt the same exact way. I've been a huge advocate of the SCOD. Then I got an Orange AD30TC and decided to downsize all my dirt.

BUT.. i felt awful selling the SCOD..so i didnt.

Then I started using the SCOD for more of the over-the-top parts in songs. Typically where one would use a fuzz (but I dont like fuzz's, generally) and Im so glad i didnt sell her. Because she does sound exceptionally good with the Orange
:D

Hmmmm . . . . now indecision is setting in. (but what else is new? :cool: )

• Members

Originally posted by catalinbread

You're not even close. The worse part about your trolling Robo is the fact that you lack imagination.

You know, here's some free marketing advice.

The Rat uses an 8 pin DIP LM308. The SCOD uses a 16 pin DIP something. You can claim that it has tone twice as good as a Rat. Brilliant!

:)

Keep up the good work.

Archived