FX loop help

• Members

Right now i am running everything in front of my amp.

My current chain is

Mesa Nomad>EB VP Jr.>vox wah>bd-2>tr-2(soon to be semaphore)>deluxe electric mistress>verbzilla>dd-20>dl4>tu2

With some new stuff i am playing i will be using the delay with high gain from my amp which gets muddy when the delay is in front. I know the delay will be going through the loop, my question is should i just run everything through the loop so i dont have to rewire everything or will there be problems with some of those pedals going through the loop. Thanks.

• Members

keep the flange in the loop. a good rule of thumb is keep most time based effects in the loop. i would deffinitly keep the bd-2 and the volume pedal in front. play around with the wah placement if you think it sounds better in the loop then keep it in the loop, otherwise move it up front. it really is just a matter of what you think sounds best.

• Members

Originally posted by protoge x

keep the flange in the loop. a good rule of thumb is keep most time based effects in the loop. i would deffinitly keep the bd-2 and the volume pedal in front. play around with the wah placement if you think it sounds better in the loop then keep it in the loop, otherwise move it up front. it really is just a matter of what you think sounds best.

sorry to ask a dumn question but just to be sure, trem is time based right?

Archived