OT; Deadwood - any other fans?

• Members

Ahhh yes, the social semiotic currency of television and the ambiguity that prevails regarding statements made when one does not share the same taste in programming! It's all about the remote control these days.

Regarding the foreknowledge of potential roffles, I would plead ignorance for my part but add; that if it were to find the humours in others, by some happy accident of my expression, then I would not rebuke he who assumed it. Let then the author rejoice in the knowledge that even words often carry meanings beyond their first intention and to that end they are owned by none.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by utterhack

IGNORE

unless the pun was intentional

The olde time language was intentional, but if there was a pun, I didn't mean it. As for the call to ignore my opinion: I didn't realize that the thread was closed to dissenting opinions. If you just want to talk about how much you like some T.V. show with other people of similar tastes, I say you skip posting threads about it on effects forums, and just invite the handfull of other Deadwood worshippers over to you house for a slumber party, where you can stay up all night braiding each other's hair, having pillow fights, eating ice cream, and dressing up like your favorite characters from the show.

• Members

Originally posted by Televator

The olde time language was intentional, but if there was a pun, I didn't mean it.

You misspelled "nigh" as "neigh". It's a horse opera. roffles ensue...

Originally posted by Televator

As for the call to ignore my opinion: I didn't realize that the thread was closed to dissenting opinions...

To spell it out, there was a tongue-in-cheek implication that your informed opinion regarding certain entertainments called sufficiently into question the general quality of your judgment and discourse as to earn you a place on my ignore list.

Anyway, the thread's no more closed to dissenting opinions than a church is to farts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I have to admit I got into this show last year and own both season 1 and 2 on DVD ... suffice it say I'm addicted to this COCKSUCKER! Was there ever a more likeable group of miscreants and cunts in a western anywhere before?

Ya can't beat Swearangin at the Gem ... hanging out for Season 3 which I think is happening in the US right now on HBO, no? So no plot spoiler please!
:cool:

I LOVE Al Swearengine and Dan...and I also love to swear so this is the best swearing show I have ever seen. Am also hooked...just in the middle of season 2 right now.

• Members

Indeed ... was there any reason why it was cancelled? Did it come from Milch or was it HBO? On another tangent it may have also come down to securing the same leads for a continuance without their wanting to leave and do other projects though {censored} knows WHY they would want to kill something so beautiful as that cocksucking legend of a show is beyond me!

Tiki: I believe I read (in Rolling Stone?) that HBO offered MILCH a new series but said he'd have to stop production on DEADWOOD in order to have it.

• Members

Originally posted by dixxon

Tiki: I believe I read (in Rolling Stone?) that HBO offered MILCH a new series but said he'd have to stop production on DEADWOOD in order to have it.

Yeah they are likely to finish the 3rd season as two 2 hour length feature films.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I have to admit I got into this show last year and own both season 1 and 2 on DVD ... suffice it say I'm addicted to this COCKSUCKER! Was there ever a more likeable group of miscreants and cunts in a western anywhere before?

Ya can't beat Swearangin at the Gem ... hanging out for Season 3 which I think is happening in the US right now on HBO, no? So no plot spoiler please!
:cool:

One of the girls...I will look and "remember" which, is Jill Sobules other half.
:wave: :wave:
I love Jills music.

Archived