OT; Deadwood - any other fans?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the real issue was securing all the leads for another season. HBO would need to renew their contracts in advance (to keep their schedules open), and with so many actors in the ensemble cast, each asking for pay increases as the seasons wear on, it's just prohibitively expensive. They should've written a massacre into Season 3, if only to lighten the payroll...

• Members

Swearengen fans arent gonna be pleased with how he ends up. The real dude ended up poor and alone and got hit by a train!

I have no idea if the show will follow the reality.

Bullock ended up a real powerhouse. He became wealthy, and the people of deadwood feared/respected him to such an extent, that later when another sheriff was elected, bullock kept on acting as sheriff, and no one had the balls to tell him to stop.

• Members

Guys those arent really spoilers.

Milch said hes not necessarily following the real events. He used the settings and the characters as a springboard for a microcosm of society and how they operate.

Again I have no idea whats going to happen in the fictional series deadwood, only what happened (supposedly) to the people its loosely based off of.

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by germanicus2112

Guys those arent really spoilers.

Milch said hes not necessarily following the real events. He used the settings and the characters as a springboard for a microcosm of society and how they operate.

Again I have no idea whats going to happen in the fictional series deadwood, only what happened (supposedly) to the people its loosely based off of.

:wave:

Very true. I wonder if the Gem will get that theatre installed soon.

Great show. I found the 2nd season a tad dull but this last one is pretty good. It's weird to watch the "bad guys" become the "good guys".

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Butch & Sundance

My hometown is where he earned the nickname Butch. He worked in a butcher shop on Pilot Butte St. It's not there anymore, it's just {censored}ty houses.

I do love that movie, and I really like Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

It's funny that you mention Australia and the USA having similar histories with that kind of stuff. I have an Australian friend who whenever anyone says they want to go there, she just tells them to save their money and go to Wyoming, it's the same place.

• Members

Originally posted by mumford

. I have an Australian friend who whenever anyone says they want to go there, she just tells them to save their money and go to Wyoming, it's the same place.

Not really, infact not at all but in a funny kind of way I totally understand what she is getting at.

• Members

Just finished the last episode of season 2 tonight and there are some genius lines in there. E.B Farnum is the cretin par excellence!

One of my fave lines comes from the Bar owner who rides the Bone Shaker ( name escapes me for the moment ) when he throws down the challenge to the camp to ride the width of mud between the Bella Union he says .... "Those who doubt me ... suck cock by choice!"

He later goes on to repeat that sentence when at a loss for anything else to say as a chummy rejoinder to that initial challenge! :D

Superb stuff ...

EDIT- I do believe from now on I shall use that phrase when having described the goodness or badness of a pedal or item of kit ... "This who doubt me suck cock by choice!"

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

The elegance is in the acknowledgement that sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do, and that actions
in extremis
will neither be held against a man nor considered illustrative of character.

There are flashes of that in this forum from time to time funnily enough ...

• Members
Originally posted by MonkeyKnifeFighter

~MkF!

"Whoever does that sucks cock by choice!"

One of my fave lines comes from the Bar owner who rides the Bone Shaker ( name escapes me for the moment ) when he throws down the challenge to the camp to ride the width of mud between the Bella Union he says .... "Those who doubt me ... suck cock by choice!"

I wasn't far off. :D And that was trying to remember it after nearly a year.
Great line.

~MkF!
"Switchin!"

• Members

There are flashes of that in this forum from time to time funnily enough ...

Tacit understanding that if you start taking shots at folks who have at one time or another found themselves in a situation where sucking cock (note to literalist homophobe jackasses: metaphorically) was the only option, there won't be a lot of gearhounds left standing?

• Members

Tacit understanding that if you start taking shots at folks who have at one time or another found themselves in a situation where sucking cock (note to literalist homophobe jackasses: metaphorically) was the only option, there won't be a lot of gearhounds left standing?

Not quite sure that was my intention rather I would suggest that it would be encumbent upon one to carry the day as a proponent of the underlying sanity and rationale that counterweighs our forays into eccentricity.

• Members

Not quite sure that was my intention rather I would suggest that it would be encumbent upon one to carry the day as a proponent of the underlying sanity and rationale that counterweighs our forays into eccentricity.

Okay, my mind's officially, er, blown.

• Members

Sorry Mr Burns, but I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans. Sure I'm flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no!

I would now refer you to your previous ammendment regarding literalist homophobes - I think we are entirely on different pages at this point.

My earlier comment was not to say that people at this forum suck metaphorical cock by choice but rather that people at this forum sometimes behave in a manner that has more to do with the moment than some deeper taint within their character - for which we are given to a peculiar brand of honour among thieves and forgiveness usually prevails where hotter heads might not be so willing elsewhere.

That was the purport of my previous comments and NOT rather that you should get into some literal cock sucking by choice over a few beers! :freak:

• Members

heh - no worries, I just couldn't miss the opportunity to throw out one of the great Simpsonisms.

Your second paragraph, erudite and sagacious as it is, renders clear your intent and abashes your detractors.

Still, I wonder if the phrase "deeper taint" might not have been inserted with some foreknowledge of the roffles it might engender.

Archived