Is the Keeley Compressor worth the extra dough?

FFG37

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

I see you just won't be satisfied until I have one of everything will you. Then you'll try to lead me down the path of a Demeter amp..and then I'll have to add a room to my house, or move
:mad:
What kind of a pusher would I be if I didn't?

MIDGET TONE....

Ooooooooooooh!

I no longer want a Noisy Cricket, mine will be a Midget Tone!

:wave:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members

I see you just won't be satisfied until I have one of everything will you. Then you'll try to lead me down the path of a Demeter amp..and then I'll have to add a room to my house, or move
:mad:

YOU LOVE IT!
You know it makes sense!
:D :D :D

• Members

Originally posted by Pigsinzen

I am honestly curious.

Your just a salesman who spams with every post that you make. Me explaining things to you - that go against what your constantly shoving down peoples thoats - won't do any good.

~MkF!

"Cold sweat runnin' down my back! I don't fear the chaos!"

• Members
Originally posted by MonkeyKnifeFighter

Your just a salesman

Woah woah , what am I selling?

I don't sell JACK {censored} buddy.

Wait, I take that back. I did sell a Boss Tuner on Ebay once.

If you notice, I talk about modding pedals people don't even SELL mods for.

I am PRO modding existing cheap pedals to make them sound great.

Saves money.

who spams with every post that you make.

More baseless accusations. What exactly am I spamming? Esp since there is no product I sell.

Me explaining things to you - that go against what your constantly shoving down peoples thoats - won't do any good.

In other words, you can't disprove what I said.
Or you would have done it by now.

And I am not SHOVING anything down anyone's throat. I am giving my opinion from my experiences just like anyone else.

Quit with the hyperbole.

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

None.

• Members

I'd love to hear the Rev's take on the Tone Press. For me, it makes so much sense to be able to blend in the uncompressed signal, because using a Keeley/Ross type after a COT50, say, just quashes that pedal's dynamics.

With the Tone Press, you can dial in that perfect balance where the COT50 still does its thing but the massive volume increase is nicely tamed. Very cool pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

You could just ask somebody who already has one ... *cough* cough* and has had one for two year already * hack hacccck*

Yeah, except (ahem) I already have one too, ya goofus!

I just want the Rev to review it so we can end these compressor threads once and for all... People take his word as gospel. Me and you, not so much.

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

Yeah, except (ahem) I already have one too, ya goofus!

I just want the Rev to review it so we can end these compressor threads once and for all... People take his word as gospel. Me and you, not so much.

Reaaally?

Wow ... I have to respectfully disagree with due respect to Rev - Revs opinion is the same as anybodies around here no better or worse; but if you believe it's more than that then go head.

• Members

Reaaally?

Wow ... I have to respectfully disagree with due respect to Rev - Revs opinion is the same as anybodies around here no better or worse; but if you believe it's more than that then go head.

Just going on what I've seen in other threads...

(Inhales deeply)

That is all.

• Members

Revs opinion is the same as anybodies around here no better or worse;

I agree completely. :thu:

But thanks for the props to my other Brother :wave:

I doubt in all sincerity that the Barber Tone Press will summarily knock all other compressors out of my collection. The only questions is - is it worth the money too?

Based on the gazillion positive reviews on the Tone Press already out there - I'm sure I'll end up concurring with the rest of you. :cool:

• Members

(Inhales deeply)

40,000+ visitors from 69 countries every month to my Pedal Picks page tells me I have a few folks around the globe interested in my reviews - but based on emails I get from around the world not everyone always agrees with me - and that's perfectly fine with me. The more discussion about effects (like this forum) just helps all of us try to narrow down our search for certain effects that look promising to deliver the goods.

Tone, like what shoes to wear -all boils down to individual choices - and that's what makes life interesting.

P.S. Don't forget to have fun with your music. That's what it was supposed to be about in the first place....well that - and getting girls to look at us. :D

• Members

EDIT - So what you're telling me is you want the opinion from somebody else who doesn't own the pedal you already own - and if Rev has a different view of it than you you will take HIS word as gospel against you're own judgement and usage?
:freak:

You've totally misunderstood me. I KNOW the TP is perfect for my rig, just as I know the Eternity is perfect for my rig. I don't care what anyone else thinks, Rev included, but--

I am simply hoping the Rev's endorsement of the Tone Press might influence OTHERS here to check it out. Keeley has earned a massive rep for what is essentially a Ross clone made with good components. The Tone Press is a unique take on compression and deserves a bit more credit...

• Members

EDIT - So what you're telling me is you want the opinion from somebody else who doesn't own the pedal you already own - and if Rev has a different view of it than you you will take HIS word as gospel against you're own judgement and usage?
:freak:

LOL... I think he was just indicating since I'm getting to be older than dirt - you all should be nice to me. :D

Gotta go to band rehearsal - everyone play nice now.

Dad

:p

• Members

You've totally misunderstood me. I KNOW the TP is perfect for my rig, just as I know the Eternity is perfect for my rig. I don't care what anyone else thinks, Rev included, but--

I am simply hoping the Rev's endorsement of the Tone Press might influence
OTHERS
here to check it out. Keeley has earned a massive rep for what is essentially a Ross clone made with good components. The Tone Press is a unique take on compression and deserves a bit more credit...

Grasshopper *Koto music drifts mournfully on the night air* ... Ok then.

• Members

40,000+ visitors from 69 countries every month to my Pedal Picks page tells me I have a few folks around the globe interested in my reviews

That's a honey trap though Dave and partially misleading - numbers of hit's doesn't mean numbers that agree. I''m sure I'd listen to anybodies clips and reviews of just about ANY pedal too - agreeing and getting the golden seal is another batch of tuna.

But you yourself are aware not everybody agrees and you made my major point for me which it seems we agree on ... tone is always subjective as are issues of usage. :cool:

I won't call you Dad if ya don't mind since you ain't that old for me .... yet! :D

Archived