Parliament Funkadelic - Anyone?

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

Well, I can't speak to the 45, Skredd.

But there's MAGGOT BRAIN the album (with the afro'd lady screaming on the cover)-- that's Eddie wailing.

And then there's ONE NATION UNDER GROOVE ({censored}ed up cartoon cover), which has a live version, which is Michael, and which SMOOOOOOOOOKES. One of my biggest inspirations when I was learning to play.

And yeah, Bernie's the MAN, for sure. Stupid tasty guitar tones all over those Parliament albums, too... can't get enough of those phasey guitars.

No doubt the 45 is that version. :love:

I need to buy me a record player. Been a long time since I've heard any of my vinyls.

• Members

And then there's ONE NATION UNDER GROOVE ({censored}ed up cartoon cover), which has a live version, which is Michael, and which SMOOOOOOOOOKES. One of my biggest inspirations when I was learning to play.

I love this cd :love:

I checked it out at the library and it's now a month overdue. Great band.

• Members

Yeah? I'll trade you a Technics 1200 for some Skreddy pedals!

(Not joking.)

hehe I'd love to throw some pedals around, but I'm way behind on my build list (gotta get back to work on it right now in fact), and my cash-flow is tighter than tight this month. I'll probably get something in the $30 range on eBay or Craigslist. Those are nice turntables, though!

• Members

Respect!

Love them to bits. I guess I'm mostly a Funkadelic guy myself, I only have the Westbound albums though. That better change...

I saw the P-Funk allstars just two weeks ago! Awesome show, tons of fun, but unfortunately it went downhill the last 30 mins when they discovered they were playing to a bunch of hillbillies and started to play boogie-woogie swing (I kid you not). Plus, I came seriously close to punching the soundguy. Why, oh why, oh why does *every f-ing soundguy* in the entire universe hate guitars, but *love* drums (especially bass drum)???? Imagine Maggot Brain, and all you hear is drums....

Fave Funkadelic moment: Intro to Super Stupid - more Hendrix than Hendrix!

• Members
Originally posted by wfranklin

FUZE IS THE {censored}

we got Bootsy`s / Parliament`s vocalist
Gary "Mudbone" Cooper
(2nd from right) in da house, too:

DS17.jpg

he`s been on tour lately with Dave Stewart...
(the other sunglassed guy):cool:

Archived