Parliament Funkadelic - Anyone?

• Members

I actually don't like Eddie's version as much as the one on ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE.

Am I the only one who feels this way? The Eddie version just sounds shoddy to me... and his tone blows.

Now, Eddie on GAMES, DAMES, and GUITAR THANGS--
:love:

But back to the original thread, I'm kinda meh on Funkadelic, but Parliament is the {censored}.

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

I actually don't like Eddie's version as much as the one on ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE.

Am I the only one who feels this way? The Eddie version just sounds shoddy to me... and his tone blows.

Now, Eddie on GAMES, DAMES, and GUITAR THANGS--

:love:

But back to the original thread, I'm kinda meh on Funkadelic, but Parliament is the {censored}.

I never really differentiated between the two. Which Parliament albums are you referring to in particular? I think I might go out this weekend and buy up most of the good Parliament/Funkadelic albums I can find that I don't already have.

• Members
Originally posted by BigFurryWhale

I could be crazy, but I'm really digging me some funkadelic these days
:cool:
. If nothing else they get points for some of the wildest stage outfits I've seen. And some crazy ass props.

pfunk53.jpg

Check this youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUfLpUG9dI&search=funkadelic

Any other funkateers out there? You know Bootsy can dig it.

Bootsy_portrait.jpg

Got my vote!
:wave: :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by choadwarrior

hey, how did that whole fuzz factory debacle work out?

Interesting that you ask. It ending up very nearly being a huge PITA. Basically I told him to ship it back, and when I recieved it I was shocked to learn that IT WORKED FINE. I send him an email saying that maybe he misunderstood the pedal etc. and that it actually works. I refund him his money minus shipping fees. Deal got stagnant for a while. Few weeks later a negetive feedback shows up on my profile, I email him and restate the situation and my frustration, and tell him that I don't think either of us need a negetive but threaten to leave one as well. Basically we both left negetives, and then he proposed that we mutually withdraw them, and I was happy to do so.

• Members

Originally posted by choadwarrior

yikes..I only ask because I was eyeing that auction and we both live in BC..sorry to hear it turned out that way..

Whereabouts do you live? I'm in Maple Ridge.

Ya, it wasn't the best, but it sure could've been alot worse than it was (at least i didn't get a negetive out of it :S). He seemed like a nice guy though, very friendly all the time, etc. I think he just had some sort of trouble getting it going.

• Members

Superstupid baby....

Eddie Hazel's funk weight is truly the neutron star teaspoon of deep fried funk.

And whatsoneverthebootsy schools me everyday. And Skeet... And Catfish...

Bernie... anything I would/could say would insult his funkiness.

• Members

I don't know what LP it's from, but I have a 45 with a live version of Maggot Brain on one side and "Think! It Ain't Illegal Yet!" on the other. That's the version I'm talking about. Is that not Eddie Hazel playing? Sounds like a Strat, Cry Baby, and a Big Muff.

• Members

Originally posted by skr3ddy

I don't know what LP it's from, but I have a 45 with a live version of Maggot Brain on one side and "Think! It Ain't Illegal Yet!" on the other. That's the version I'm talking about. Is that not Eddie Hazel playing? Sounds like a Strat, Cry Baby, and a Big Muff.

There was a documentary made about funkadelic some time ago, that featured footage of Eddie absoloutely shredding maggot brain to pieces on an LP that blew me away. Micheal Hampton played alot of maggot brain back in the day though.

• Members

Well, I can't speak to the 45, Skredd.

But there's MAGGOT BRAIN the album (with the afro'd lady screaming on the cover)-- that's Eddie wailing.

And then there's ONE NATION UNDER GROOVE ({censored}ed up cartoon cover), which has a live version, which is Michael, and which SMOOOOOOOOOKES. One of my biggest inspirations when I was learning to play.

And yeah, Bernie's the MAN, for sure. Stupid tasty guitar tones all over those Parliament albums, too... can't get enough of those phasey guitars.

Archived