Is Guitar Center's return policy really that laid back?

• Members

I have had a guitar for 28 days that I just decided I don't play enough to keep. I have played it like an hour in the time I have had it. The only change I have made in it is that I pulled the film off of the pickguard. I just feel bad returning it for some reason even though I never use it.

• Members

Well they might just give you store credit??? If you don't like it, at least try to return it. I got called out for mentioning their return policy as being a trashy whore, but I see no problem considering they'll just put it back on the shelf if you return it.

• Members

I should have read this first.

"Our goal is your total satisfaction. If you're not satisfied, neither are we. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase2, simply return it in its original condition within 30 days (14 days on certain items3), and we'll give you a full refund. It's that simple. Just return it along with your receipt, manual and all original packaging for exchange or refund."

Refund means money IMO. The only problem I see is the pickguard covering... I am fairly sure it won't be a big deal though. It is a pretty cheap guitar.

• Members
Originally posted by Hopeless Romantic

I should have read this first.

"Our goal is your total satisfaction. If you're not satisfied, neither are we. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase2, simply return it in its original condition within 30 days (14 days on certain items3), and we'll give you a full refund. It's that simple. Just return it along with your receipt, manual and all original packaging for exchange or refund."

Refund means money IMO. The only problem I see is the pickguard covering... I am fairly sure it won't be a big deal though. It is a pretty cheap guitar.

They definitely won't care about a pickgaurd covering, trust me.

Go ahead and return it for sure. :thu:

• Members

I've done that a couple times. The main guy in the guitar department at my GC is awesome. He's told me on several occasions "Don't even worry about the 30-day thing. I want you to be happy with your purchase."

• Members

I returned a dobro that had problems-I knew it when I got it but the guy said just buy it and exchange it at a different store-they had "mispriced" it and the price was only good that day. Anyway, I did some research and found out they are all dogs (Gibson Houndog), so I took it back for a refund. They gave it to me, but the guy was saying, "why didn't you just take it and exchange it?" He won't even look at me when I go in there anymore-kind of a low rent attitude. I'm happy giving my business to a different salesman. I went back months later and the same guitar's in there, still not fixed, but with a higher price on it. The high e won't even play-the nut's cut too low-he stuck some paper in there to raise it.

Archived