Russian Big Muff

• Members
Originally posted by StevoHuff

yes sir.

I'm considering buying one since they're only 59.99 or something.

Any more thoughts?

If you are on a budget you can alway go with the Boss Metal Zone pedal...................gain galore and it will not break the bank :thu:

• Members

I bought one recently to get modded and was surprised how much I like it stock. Has a nice grumbling, meaty, throaty sound - more ominous sounding than the USA, But the tone control seems to have one sweet spot and then act little too much like a distortion pedal tone pot (as opposed to how a fuzz tone pot often affects the sound).

So yeah - pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to hear it modded though!

• Members

If your budget is $60, for about ten bucks more, you can get a Little Big Muff from ToneFactor.com, and you'll get candy with it.

The LBM has a much smaller footprint, it's In/Out jacks aren't backwards (like the Russian), ad it's supposed to sound closer to the original Big Muffs (From what I've heard of it, however, it sounds much more like the Green Sovtek than the originals, but personally, I really like the Sovtek).

If it was between the Russian and the NY, I'm more partial to the Russian (even with the jack problem), but if you were going to get the NY, again, there's the LBM for the same price.

• Members

Originally posted by ScreamCage

If your budget is $60, for about ten bucks more, you can get a Little Big Muff from ToneFactor.com, and you'll get candy with it.

The LBM has a much smaller footprint, it's In/Out jacks aren't backwards (like the Russian), ad it's supposed to sound closer to the original Big Muffs (From what I've heard of it, however, it sounds much more like the Green Sovtek than the originals, but personally, I really like the Sovtek).

If it was between the Russian and the NY, I'm more partial to the Russian (even with the jack problem), but if you were going to get the NY, again, there's the LBM for the same price.

A ha!

See, the reverse jacks on the Russian are a blessing for me - I'm lefty.

Archived