PODXTlive or GT-8 wahwah comparison

Clucker

• Members

I am in the market for an onfloor multi effects to run into a P.A. Overall it seems like the GT8 is a better deal but I have a POD2.0 with the older floorboard that Line6 no longer makes.

The thing I like about the POD is the Marshall Plexi setting and the Wah. I have never used the GT8 but I like the features it provides. I guess my main issue is. Does the Marshalll plexi emulation sound at all like the one in the POD and does the Wah in the GT8 sound as much like a real Vox wah as the Pod does? Any and all input will be much appreciated.. Clucker.

• Members

I have a GT-6, and have played PODXT Live units.

I'd say the Marshall models are going to sound the best on the Pod, the Boss models sound very dull to begin with, and the cabinet simulation just make it sound shrill and tiny, rather than opening up the sound like a real 8x12 (for instance) would.

But the wahs, on the other hand, are spectacular on the Boss. The Vox wah quacks very similar to a real one, but the custom wah models are where the unit really shines. All parameters are adjustable, and just about any sound is attainable.

Take that with a grain of salt, but if you prefer the sound of the Pod, I'd pick that up over the Boss.

• Members

well, all this depends on the biggest variable of all: AMPLIFICATION

using the fx return of a tube amp, a full range flat response system, or the front end of an amp will all give u very different results.

that being said, i love the plexi sound on the gt8 (i use it through the fx return of my fender deville). it sounds really good. good enough that i'm not even really that curious what the pod xt or anything else would do, it does what i need it to do. getting a good sound from the boss line is really a matter of how much time u wanna spend tweaking it. i think if you really get good at tweaking the gt8 and learning how to adjust the parameters u want to change, you can get whatever sound u want (less bass doesn't necessarily mean turning the bass itself down. the gt can be sorta counterintuitive, but in a good way)

• Members

Thanks guys. I have a BR-8 digital recorder. The guitar emulation in that appears to be similar to the GT6. It has a ton of eq, which the POD seems to lack Does anybody know the answer to this one. I figure I could run my POD and my BR-8 into my P.A. and get an idea of the difference.

Archived