How long does a battery on a DM2 last for?

zhivago

• Members

I had a DM2 that got stolen about 3 years ago, and I always used it with a power supply.

I'm looking to pick one up again, as I wanna use batteries when playing live, and I'd like to know if a fresh 9Volt battery would get me through a 1 hour set with moderate to heavy-ish delay use.

I'd only use batteries when playing live....I'd use an adaptor fro home use and rehearsals (better for the environment)

many thanks in advance.

:)

• Members
Originally posted by Robzilla

just unplug when you're not playing and you should be fine..

still saving for a house zhivago?

yup...still saving up...I've gone freelance as well, so it's been rocky lately...sold one of my Jazzmasters for cash.

and for the DM2, the AD900 will have to go.

being broke for a while put things into perspective in regards to what I need...I have no regrets....it's all good :)

I need to be able to run off batteries, and the AD900 sadly won't do that...so I thought I'd go to my #2 fave delay of all time :)

• Members
Originally posted by Richard Guy

The DM3 is very close to the DM2 tone-wise. I find that the DM2 is just a tad darker. The DM3 has wet/dry outputs
:freak:;)

I've had both in the past...I like the DM2's knobs more!!

:D

• Members

Originally posted by pipedwho

I'm not sure about the DM2, but with an alkaline battery the DM3 goes for about 20 hours continuously before it starts to die. At that point I change the battery, but it probably still has another 5 hours left in it.

that's great news...I cannot believe I had both a DM2 and a DM3 and never used them with a battery!!

• Members

Just last week I used a DM-2 for almost 12 hours at home with a fresh battery and it held up fine.

Unfortunately I sold it only a few days after, I'd have done you a deal otherwise mate. :(

Good luck getting one soon. :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Teahead

Just last week I used a DM-2 for almost 12 hours at home with a fresh battery and it held up fine.

Unfortunately I sold it only a few days after, I'd have done you a deal otherwise mate.
:(

Good luck getting one soon.
:thu:

ahhh...not to worry....I'm sure something will turn up :)

Archived