pedal jumpers? cable or coupler

redxjay

• Members

i was thinking these could clean up my pedal mess where the jack line up. but not sure about quality

hosa off-set coupler

http://www.dm-gremlin.com/sales/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=190&products_id=822

hosa straight connector

http://www.dm-gremlin.com/sales/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=190&products_id=821

excel makes a shorter version as well that would move the pedals even closer.

or should i stick with george l's.

• Members

I used to use the with boss pedals but I found that the pedals had jacks at slightly different angles and I got scared that the couplers would put undue stress on the pedals. Also, I previously though they were good because they eliminated cables and cables are "bad" when youre concerned about tone. Boy was I ignorant. Basically, these break down to a tiny little wire inside which probably degrades tone more than a little 6 inch cable. I would order some good patch cables for a little more cash and youll be much happier and have better sound as well as flexibility. But yeah, I would avoid couplers and just make or buy custom short cables.

• Members

Originally posted by Matter-Eater Lad

Couplers don't really work because when you step on the pedal it stresses the connections and you get all sorts of crackling and shorting. Might work for pedals that are in a True Bypass Looper though. Because then you don't step on them.

word.

• Members

yeah i wondered about the stress of a ridgid connection.

i want to use george l's cables but it looks like his right angle plugs are really big and i'm affraid i'm going to run out of room.

does anyone make a quality cable with a high clearance plug on it.

thanks for the help

• Members

Agreed...couplers=poop.

The straight ones only would work with like pedals, and and as other said they still add stress. The angled ones also add stress and often make you have to position your pedals kind of ackwardly. I have had great success with my George L's though I know some people don't like them.

• Members

Whilst contemplating the lack of pedal board room for plugging and unplugging i happened across these.

CN05812.jpg

I felt they could be usefull if you find yourself persistently tearing at the velcro and cursing.

You would have to change to phono leads for the patching of the board though.

• Members
Originally posted by Vigilance

I know,i gave up on the idea.

AR70468.jpg

i used to use these years ago but most of them fell apart

i'm suprised in the pedal board frenzy now days that no one make a quality version of that plug style

Archived