anyone else here a prank caller?

ck3

• Members

I've been retired ever since a friend of mine 'borrowed' another's phone to make a prank call, and called some random girl in his phone list. He then proceeded to the girl what a dirty slut she was and if she was ready to bang him or not.

Turns out this girl was actually one of his bosses. He woke up the next morning to a message from work informing him that he was fired, and they didn't want to see him on the premesis ever again.

Thus no more prank calls for me.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

I've been retired ever since a friend of mine 'borrowed' another's phone to make a prank call, and called some random girl in his phone list. He then proceeded to the girl what a dirty slut she was and if she was ready to bang him or not.

Turns out this girl was actually one of his bosses. He woke up the next morning to a message from work informing him that he was fired, and they didn't want to see him on the premesis ever again.

Thus no more prank calls for me.

Whatt???

Haha, thats crazy...
:rolleyes:

• Members

In 1994 I was sitting at my desk at Crest Audio with a dictation machine hooked up to my phone. Some times I'd record important calls and take notes later.

Meanwhile, the marketing dept had hired an outside firm to do some print ads. They sucked and were rejected - Crest refused to pay. So it went to collections.. the pretty receptionist was getting bugged every hour by some asshole trying to recover some of the money. I had a character I'd put on called "Mr Edwards". I put on this bad English accent and bust balls. I asked her to switch him to me hoping to get some good stuff on tape. It paid off.

It's a couple of minutes long, it consists of two incoming calls patched together. At the end I could hear my boss coming so I had to get off the phone. If you get the joke, it's funny. It helps if you're drunk or stoned and you've heard it a few times. These are probably my funniest moments ever. If you find it stupid... sorry. It was funny at the time.

http://www.foxroxelectronics.com/Resources/Please_identify_yourself.mp3

• Members

HA! Well, just the other day my buddy and I called our old boss at work (we're all in the golf business) who is the most notorious prank caller I've ever known. I actually got him...

"Hi, I'd like to make a tee-time for Galing, first name Dean."

"Ok, sure what time are you looking at, Mr. Galing?"

"Well, I get off work at 7:30, so maybe 8:00? I'm only playing nine..."

(The most frustrating thing in the world is waiting for one jackass to finish his round in the dark. It's the same as someone wanting a table at 10pm in the restaurant business. An 8:00pm tee time is simply absurd)

By this time he's entered the name into the computer (Dean Galing/Ding-a-ling) and thrown up on himself after that tee-time request, he called us out. We got him and it was one of my prouder moments. He used to give me the run around in his old lady voice when I work for him...

• Members

I tried to prank call once when I was a kid. It didn't work out very well...

Me: *Dials random phone number*

Them: "Hello..."

Me: "Do you like English muffins?"

Them: "What?"

Me: "They taste warm, like there's butt-hair....hahhahahahahahhahahah!!!!

Me: *Hangs up phone laughing*

-----------------------------------------

Next prank call:

Me: *Dials another random phone number*

Them: "Hello?"

Me: "It tastes like it's got....ahhhahahahahahahaha"

Me: *Hangs up phone again laughing*

:o

• Members
Originally posted by The*Ataris

Or everything is an inside joke much like...everything else. Come on, Taco.

I think my reaction to your joke was more of a cry for help as my golf game has become so bad over the years I've just decided to stop playing all together. It's just not good for my ticker!
:mad:

Yoga is better for my soul.
:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by omor

that voice is pretty good. It's also quite ballsy for the guy to call you out seeing as the voice is actually pretty convincing, Mr. Edwards.

Thanks - I'm glad you like the voice. I think it's pretty convincing.

The reason he's calling me out is because he had the real me on the phone about ten minutes earlier. He had a clue that he was being goofed on. And he was right - it makes my throat sore to speak like that.

• Members

Originally posted by GuitArtMan

+1 Although I think it was more like 11 or 12 for me.

Whatever. People were still doing them when I was a Sophmore in college, so at least 19. Granted it was all alcohol and boredom fueled, and much more malicious that the typical crap we pulled in grade school.

Archived