Serious BOSS DS-1 issue

utterhack

• Members

I currently have a Doobtone DS-1, quite brilliant.

I have had stock DS-1's, and I like them too. I just generally like the pedal. It's hard not to, unless you're just snobbish about tone. But a lot of people are, so... Maybe it isn't so hard. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by HMCMedic

For years I used a stock DS1 ONLY and I was playing in a blues band. I kept the tone rolled back on the pedal and my strat at the time only had a neck pickup so it worked great:)

You would be VERY happy with a modded DS-1. They sound killer at low gain settings ;)

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

I pulled out the ol' DS-1 last night, and darn if it didn't sound pretty good. Is something wrong with me?

Nothing wrong whatsoever.

My DS-1 is stock, bought new donkeys years ago, but I'll never sell it.

It's always my fallback going to jam sessions where you have to use the house band's amp. If I don't like the dirt side of the resident amp, I'll just use the clean and step on the DS-1 for something I like and can use.

• Members

Originally posted by tocs100

That would make a great sig, but the one you already have is pretty much unbeatable....

Alternate-reality,
Ghostbusters
quote:
"I tried to think of something happy from my childhood: something that couldn't
possibly
harm us...........it's the
DS-1
Marshmellow Man."

Haha, nice. The DS-1, destroyer of tones!

I think crazybilly is right on, you could probably apply that statement to just about any pedal. Probably one of the reasons we're all on here trying to figure out what we're going to spend our money on next. Nothing is ever good enough.

• Members

Originally posted by RoboPimp

right, and the mistake many make is assuming it's the pedal that's not good enough. Much easier on the ego to blame the pedal.

Definately. I'm fairly certain I would be a famous rockstar now, if only I could just find that PERFECT OD...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by Tonemeister69

I will say this:

A modded DS-1 sounds NOTHING like a stock one. In my case, it was a completely different pedal. House the circuit in a boutique looking one and it would be on a hell of a lot more boards IMO.

what other pedal does it sound like now?

what mods were done?

Archived