This is NEWS? Where have these people been? (Psychedelic content)

endo23

• Members

Mushroom drug produces mystical experience

By MALCOLM RITTER, AP Science WriterTue Jul 11, 12:32 AM ET

People who took an illegal drug made from mushrooms reported profound mystical experiences that led to behavior changes lasting for weeks

• Members

1. Wait, that's not an Onion piece?

2. "Almost a third of the research participants found the drug experience frightening even in the very controlled setting."

Can't see how shrooming in a FREAKING PSYCH LAB, while BLINDFOLDED and surrounded by dudes in WHITE COATS who are NOT ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH could possibly take anyone down a bad road.

3. Odd. I seem to be experiencing some sort of salivary gland response...

(runbeerrun is of course correct, but it's more fun the other way)

• Members

Originally posted by runbeerrun

That article isn't about how you can get high(and that being a new find)

but how it's once again being tested professionally, or semi-pro.

I know. I just thought the headline was funny.

• Members
Originally posted by utterhack

Can't see how shrooming in a FREAKING PSYCH LAB, while BLINDFOLDED and surrounded by dudes in WHITE COATS who are NOT ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH could possibly take anyone down a bad road.

:D

Exactly. Conduct the same experiment with a group of your best friends at the Grand Canyon and the Terrifying Experience Index rapidly approaches zero.

When will the men in lab coats learn?

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

Exactly. Conduct the same experiment with a group of your best friends at the Grand Canyon and the Terrifying Experience Index rapidly approaches zero.

Actually the Grand Canyon could end up with some people freaking out and falling over the edge...

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

Haha I saw this earlier. Guess they aren't scaring enough people with all the "OMG if you smoke pot your baby sister will drown in the pool!" stuff so they're pulling shrooms out of the closet.

I like this "OMG if you eat shrooms you'll be measurably happier for months!" angle :idea:

• Members

Yeah, they should really have those people back, pump 'em full, and see how long it takes them to totally freak out. Don't you like psychology back in the day when they could really {censored} people up, like when they conditioned that kid to be afraid of all white objects (or whatever it was, pscyhology class was a few years ago).

• Members

Surprise surprise.

I quite doing drugs after I graduated from High School (it is called 'high' school, after all).

I don't think I would do much now even if there were zero risks involved, but man, I would shroom from time to time.

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

I was going to suggest the northern end of Zion National park, but the grand canyon will work well too, i guppose:thu:

i like boomers, but they to me, are one of those "once every other month" things.

• Members
Originally posted by LoneStarGuitar

i like boomers, but they to me, are one of those "once every other month" things.

:eek:

I'm more like "once a year." But I'm pretty picky about my pschedelic experiences these days. Best spots so far: Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park. Still to come: the Australian Outback. Big Sur. Kauai.

• Members

Originally Posted by Wilbo26

Actually the Grand Canyon could end up with some people freaking out and falling over the edge...

A friend of mine fell off a two story building while under the relevent influence...got pretty banged up!

Originally Posted by Endo23

the Australian Outback

Mate, have you seen the movie "Wolf Creek"? You can disappear out there.

Archived