OK, I'm heading out to Guitar Center tomorrow to trade...

yjsays

• Members

today's 7.11.06 (thax, fixed now)

Tell me if you guys want to buy anyone of these off me before I head to trade these in...

(All Boss)

GT-6

DS-1 (on hold)

OS-2 (on hold)

Tremolo (sold)

DD-3

Octave

I'm going to go pedal shopping. Maybe look at the DMM

• Members

Originally posted by choadwarrior

maybe throw them on ebay for a short auction period or set them all up with a buy it now? I think people here are just trying to help you get the most for these pedals, as it doesn't sound like that would happen at GC..

hmm.. yeah, I know, but I don't have much of a history with ebay. not many buys and no sells. I'll check out the ebay prices.

• Members
Originally posted by utterhack

(Also, I think today's 7.11.06
:)
)

Only if you use the backwards American version, it makes more sense to say it as 11:07:06 (in order of size of timescale day - month - year) or for databasey type stuff 06:07:11 (which a computer will order nicely on its own)

never worked out the reason behind the backwards dates

David

• Members

These guys are right. GC will not give you as much as these things are worth on Ebay.

The only way to gain good feedback on ebay is to take the plunge and start selling. You have some nice effects boxes there that will sell for sure if you are a little patient. If you sell all of them on Ebay and do a good job you will get several positive feedbacks and be on your way to building a good feedback count. Here are a few tips

1) Take a good, chrisp digital picture of each item.

2) It really helps a sale alot if you have the original box and manual, too, so show that in the photo if you have it and mention it in the item description.

3) Start your auction on Sunday and let it go for the default 7 days. People will look at your items all week and then the weekend shoppers/ebayers will buy the next weekend. Most people who shop during the weekend don't want to wait for an auction to end mid-week.

4) Be professional. Remember that everyone who contacts you is a potential customer and the way you communicate is important, if not for this sale then maybe for the next. Contact item winners and send an invoice through ebay right away, ship your items the first business day after receiving payment, and notify your buyers ASAP after you ship the item. Pack your items well in sturdy boxes using good, clean packaging materials (bubble wrap or packing peanuts and not wads of newspaper that leave ink marks on effects boxes, for example).

Good luck!

PS my ebay name is gribs1965 and I have a feedback rating of 282. I have been offered power-seller status but declined since I buy and sell on ebay as a hobby not a real business/job.

• Members

Originally posted by Narcosynthesis

Only if you use the backwards American version, it makes more sense to say it as 11:07:06 (in order of size of timescale day - month - year) or for databasey type stuff 06:07:11 (which a computer will order nicely on its own)

never worked out the reason behind the backwards dates

David

You've got to be kidding

even though going day month year is in time order or scale or whatever, it's ridiculously retarded.

When you list something like

11-7-06

the first number you see is the 11, the day. Well wtf does that tell me? NOTHING, there are twelve 11's in a year.

If you list the month first, the first thing you see is an individual number with only one per year. There is no confusion

You see it and go oh, it's July. Not, which of the twelve July's?

• Members

speaking of selling stuff

I posted a Twin on Craigslist and apparently some guy wants to buy it

I was hoping that it would be a local, but he's relocating from England and he is wanting it shipped somewhere. I'm a little fearful of the whole thing really because I'm not used to doing this kind of business. So I wanted to know how best to protect myself. I assume I don't ship till I get the money, but what's the best way to do that? He said something about a money order. Should I request a particular money order, say like from Western Union?

• Members
Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

speaking of selling stuff

I posted a Twin on Craigslist and apparently some guy wants to buy it

I was hoping that it would be a local, but he's relocating from England and he is wanting it shipped somewhere. I'm a little fearful of the whole thing really because I'm not used to doing this kind of business. So I wanted to know how best to protect myself. I assume I don't ship till I get the money, but what's the best way to do that? He said something about a money order. Should I request a particular money order, say like from Western Union?

Dude,

That is the oldest scam in the world. Tell him you will only take Wire transfers, paypal, or postal money orders. If he doesnt want to do any of those, it is a SCAM...

For the original poster... I will take everything if you need money fast....:D

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

... So I wanted to know how best to protect myself. I assume I don't ship till I get the money, but what's the best way to do that? He said something about a money order. Should I request a particular money order, say like from Western Union?

What LongJohnny said. Protect yourself by staying the hell away. On the off chance that he could be legitimate (and it's highly unlikely), you might post his email to you. There are any number of tells in a scam email, and since they send these things out in massive volumes its not as though they try to disguise 'em.

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

What LongJohnny said. Protect yourself by staying the hell away. On the off chance that he could be legitimate (and it's highly unlikely), you might post his email to you. There are any number of tells in a scam email, and since they send these things out in massive volumes its not as though they try to disguise 'em.

my first inclination was suspicion

mainly because the email was worded so strangely and it came twice, once with a different amp referenced in the subject line

so I replied and then got a followup email regarding the money order

here they are:

1. Hi,

I write in respect of your item put up for sale. i am interested in purchasing it and I am satisfied with the description stated in your ad, it suits my taste. But if there is still any other things i need to know about it, do not hesitate to state in your reply. Hope to read from you asap.

Best Regards.

(it started with my full name which seemed odd)

Let me know the final asking price of it, excluding the shipping cost if added, cos my shipping agent will be handling the shipping of the item alongside my properties here in the states as i am relocating from california to uk with my family. Payment will be made to you by US money order and i believe this is ok with you.

Hope to read from you.

Best Regards.

Archived