ya see, the problem with multi effects is ......

• Members

.... you may get something that has a few effects you really like, but then something else sucks and you are stuck with it because it's all part of the package........ :(

......and then there is the tone sucking dilema ....... :freak:

..... that's why I think a few well chosen pedals is the way to go ! !1 ! !! :idea: :idea:

...thank you :o ..... that will be all :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by NiCkMiLnE

^nah ha!

my korg wasnt cheap, and i think it sucks for live use...stomps own it for live use

i'm talking multiFX in the range of the TC Helicon racks, Lexicon and Eventide class.

most everything else is trendy cheap plastic.

and you're correct - your Korg sucks for live use.

pedals are great - but cheap racks and multiFX are the bane of all good musicians.

• Members

My biggest problem with multifx isn't how they sound, but how they react. If a multifx claims it can emulate a certain amp/cab combination, it should also react like one, in terms of volume rolloff and interaction with other pedals.

• Members

.....for instance ...... I am picky about my flanger and choruses .... I've never found a rack mount, multi effects processor with a really good sounding analog type flanger. :(

... the other thing is, with pedals, it's so quick and easy to tweek them on the fly ...... no menus and presets to screw with ...... :confused:

.... but that's just my preference...... :o

• Members
Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket

.... you may get something that has a few effects you really like, but then something else sucks and you are stuck with it because it's all part of the package........
:(

......and then there is the tone sucking dilema .......
:freak:

..... that's why I think a few well chosen pedals is the way to go ! !1 ! !!
:idea:
:idea:

...thank you
:o
..... that will be all
:cool:

Stop.. Posting.. Thanks. :wave:

• Members

the amount of cool, weird stuff i've gotten out of my magicstomp II in the week having it merits its existance on my board. In a true bypass loop maybe, but thats weird effects I couldnt get anywhere else without spending a whole lot more than the $125 i did.

Archived