Has anyone ever seen these before?

Midrange

• Members

I inherited this from my mom... it's been the coolest phaser I've ever had. I've been searching ebay, google, and here for this same model for years. Nothing.

I was curious if anyone has one, or has even heard of it before.

It's a Washburn A-PH8 Phaser

I assume from the 70's

anybody?

DSCF0044.jpg

• Members

Whatever you do don't sell it. The last time I found a pedal and couldn't find any information on it was with a Boss FA-1, and for a while they where selling for 350 bucks. I'll try and look it up in Analogman's book when I get a chance.

Looks cool :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Midrange

That'd be awesome. Thanks a lot.

I figured it wouldn't be too hard to find since Washburn is a fairly well known name, but damn.

Can't find a thing, anywhere.

They haven't made many effects. And there are zero reviews for it on HC, so there can't be that many out there.

There's a bit of info here:

http://filters.muziq.be/model/washburn/accelerator/aph8

That's the only thing I found in Google.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

They haven't made many effects. And there are zero reviews for it on HC, so there can't be that many out there.

There's a bit of info here:

That's the only thing I found in Google.

yeah, not a whole lot... just a picture, so now there's two of these pedals I know are out there now... Haha.

• Members

yeah, not a whole lot... just a picture, so now there's two of these pedals I know are out there now... Haha.

For all you know that pedal pictured IS your pedal? There is an equivalent model that page says, so perhaps yours is a REALLY early model that they only made a few of before switching over to the other.

• Members

Yeah, Washburn effects aren't all that common. Probably the same circuit or very similar to the Guyatones of the same era (late 70s, early 80s). A lot of Jap stuff that wasn't Boss or Ibanez was rebranded for different companies back then. I've seen the Analog Delay from that series a few times on ebay, which also has a solid reputation. Seif may know more...

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Yeah, Washburn effects aren't all that common. Probably the same circuit or very similar to the Guyatones of the same era (late 70s, early 80s). A lot of Jap stuff that wasn't Boss or Ibanez was rebranded for different companies back then. I've seen the Analog Delay from that series a few times on ebay, which also has a solid reputation. Seif may know more...

looks like a generic aria / loco box deal, doesnt it?

ive seen one or two i think. never really took notice. seth is right. guyatone/aria/etc are similiar. i like my vesta fire chorus a whole lot. I have no idea who made them. theres alot of cool charm off those oddball japnese pedals. i never understood why j. mascis hates said japanese pedals....

• Members

As you can see on that page on my site (link in previous post) in the "related" box:

This Washburn pedal is exactly the same as these pedals:

Cutec PH-01 Phaser

Gig PH-01 Phaser

Loco Box PH-01 Phaser

Redson Phaser 12

Sound City PS-06 Phase Shifter

You see the Washburn on eBay from time to time, more than the other brands.

The Rayder PH-40 Phaser (which I have) is also the same, but has a different switch, as the Panther, Digiplay and Martin Stinger effects, but those brands didn't have the phaser.

• Members

No, 2 pictures of 2 different pedals (so at least 3 :p) and I have much more pictures of different pedals of this type in my "archive".

They're not very common, but I wouldn't call them rare: you see them on eBay several times a year.

• Members

Originally posted by DiscoFreq

As you can see on that page on my site (link in previous post) in the "related" box:

This Washburn pedal is exactly the same as these pedals:

Cutec PH-01 Phaser

Gig PH-01 Phaser

Loco Box PH-01 Phaser

Redson Phaser 12

Sound City PS-06 Phase Shifter

You see the Washburn on eBay from time to time, more than the other brands.

The Rayder PH-40 Phaser (which I have) is also the same, but has a different switch, as the Panther, Digiplay and Martin Stinger effects, but those brands didn't have the phaser.

man, why dont you come here more often. arent you like a effects master? :)

• Members

Originally posted by seifukusha

man, why dont you come here more often. arent you like a effects master?
:)

Or freak? :p

Sometimes I check these forums, but it's there are so many interesting posts that I always spend too much time here :)

BTW, I have the other Washburn phaser, the PX:8, but I think I never compared them. It's certainly not as good as this one (or my Rayder which is the same), I know I love that one and I barely used the PX:9 :)

http://filters.muziq.be/model/washburn/x/px8

• Members

Or freak?
:p

Sometimes I check these forums, but it's there are so many interesting posts that I always spend too much time here

BTW, I have the other Washburn phaser, the PX:8, but I think I never compared them. It's certainly not as good as this one (or my Rayder which is the same), I know I love that one and I barely used the PX:9

http://filters.muziq.be/model/washburn/x/px8

ive seen those, in japan...i have a real cool vesta fire chorus. have you ever seen this brand? do u know of it. i got it in japan recently. I like it alot, but its kind of flimsy. the mix switch is always active if the pedal is on or off..

• Members

ive seen those, in japan...i have a real cool vesta fire chorus. have you ever seen this brand? do u know of it. i got it in japan recently. I like it alot, but its kind of flimsy. the mix switch is always active if the pedal is on or off..

This one?

http://filters.muziq.be/model/vestafire/stereochorus

I bought such a flanger on eBay once, but it was DOA :(

They also exist with other brand names: Nadine's, Reagun

• Members

nope, not that. this is grey and has 4 knobs. is vesta fire the same as vestax , the mtr maker?

Yes, they changed their name

I suppose you have this one then:

http://www.harshnoise.com/product_info/vesta_fire_stereo_chorus_sch

The first series of Vestax effects looked like this as well. Maybe it was the same series sold with both names.

It still need to add that series :)

• Members

Yes, they changed their name

I suppose you have this one then:

http://www.harshnoise.com/product_info/vesta_fire_stereo_chorus_sch

The first series of Vestax effects looked like this as well. Maybe it was the same series sold with both names.

It still need to add that series :)[/quote

yes sir, thats it. but mines silver. its a great pedal, save that mix knob thing. I like it better than most vintage japanese pedals Ive had. the ce1 has great vibratoi, but this is pitchy vibrato, sicko.

thanks alot for your time. come more often. its cool having you around. sei

• Members

Originally posted by Jon Hiller

I have never seen the phasor from this series, but I have the "Stack In A Box" distortion from this series, and it's one of my most used pedals. Same black box, but the trim is all hot pink on the knobs and labelling.

And they have the "famous chip" ;)

I bought one for 10 euro a few months ago :)

Archived