Most Famous band you've been in or opened for

• Members
how do you manage to get into the position where you can open for a more or less famous band?

Get to the point that you pack major clubs on your own as a headliner. Now talk with the owners of those major clubs about opening gigs. They will work a deal with the promoters, telling them that you will help draw a new audience to see the semi-major act. If the promoters like the pairing, you may be asked to open for the same act at more venues. Until you can add to the audience with your own draw, you probably won't get a shot at opening for a "major".

FWIW, when I was still playing somewhat seriously I opened for Bad Company, Joan Jett, Jackyl, and a handful of others that I don't really remember.....

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
haha my old band toured with a girl a gun a ghost for a bit, music is definitely not my thing but they're amazingly nice and fun to party with. tell them ben from serapis said hey.

as for my list here's an abbreviated one:

zoroaster

rwake

river city tanlines

blacktusk

BTBAM

codeseven

full blown chaos

unearth

christiansen

this day forward

remembering never

haste

living sacrifice

dead to fall

few left standing

haste the day

shun

saliva

avenged sevenfold

ed gein

bleeding through

the absence

18 visions

psyopus

onelinedrawing

I didn't know I was sigged :thu:
And that's an impressive list

• Members
Yeah, they were pretty solid live. They both had some sweet SG's, one dude with a Standard and an Explorer like mine, the other with a custom shop SG Standard, a Les Paul Standard that he snapped in half by throwing it across stage, and a Fender Jaguar HH. They definitely had some cool guitars. Lots of Mesa, too. Roadsters and Triple Recs. I wasn't really into their tone too much though.

Our booking is through the Agency Group.

your a touring guitarist for Amber Pacific, right?

i was listening to them the other day, good stuff

• Members
haha my old band toured with a girl a gun a ghost for a bit, music is definitely not my thing but they're amazingly nice and fun to party with. tell them ben from serapis said hey.

as for my list here's an abbreviated one:

zoroaster

rwake

river city tanlines

blacktusk

BTBAM

codeseven

full blown chaos

unearth

christiansen

this day forward

remembering never

haste

living sacrifice

dead to fall

few left standing

haste the day

shun

saliva

avenged sevenfold

ed gein

bleeding through

the absence

18 visions

psyopus

onelinedrawing

I will tell them you said hi. I saw where you opened for Dead to Fall, I did too but forgot all about them until now. I'll have to go dig up all my old show flyers I saved to see the bands we opend for that I forgot about. The dead to Fall show was fun because in between songs the guitarist played different music from Super Mario Bros.

• Members
um....My list is kind of gay compared to a lot of people's:

Backwoods Payback

A Thousand Knives of Fire

Solace

Artimus Pyledriver

Alabama Thunderpussy

Earthride

Abdullah

The Banner

Probably others, I can't remember them. In fact I'm sure there are others, but blah...

Artimus Pyledriver are awesome. Travis is an awesome drummer and cool dude. I used to hang with him when Miller's Tale would come to town. Amazing drummer. ATP and Earthride are pretty sweet too.