MXR Blue Box

MuffFuzz

• Members

So i'm looking into adding a sixth pedal to my rig. I have come to the conslusion of the MXR Blue Box. I have heard its sound in Led Zeppelin's "Fool in the Rain". I'm not completely sold on it just yet, so could you guys tell me some other songs that feature this Octave fuzz pedal. Some Dinosaur Jr recommendations would be a plus. Thanks!

• Members

The knob on the left is OUTPUT, uuhhh, it controls the volume. THERE IS NO VOLUME DROP. In fact I usually boost my volume with that knob cranked.

The sounds are endless with this pedal and very usable in the right hands. Here is a hint...Blue Box>Envelope Filter>distortion/fuzz of your choice. Have fun!

• Members

Thanks guys! Yeah, I was reading some old posts about the blue box and one dude said he used his as a booster for solos and such. I heard about how far you roll back on the knob has to do with how much craziness you will get. So tell me this; can this pedal be used as a solo sort of boost if turned all the way to the right? I will be using this with a very well EQ'd Big Muff btw.

• Members

That is what I do! Both knobs to thr right and there is no octave effect, just a boost whit added fuzz and it really brings out the harmonics, no extra noise at all, in fact the Blue Box gets rid of noise! Works great in front of a Big Muff. I move the octave knob with my foot when I want some of that.

• Members

Originally posted by Craigfnh

That is what I do! Both knobs to thr right and there is no octave effect, just a boost whit added fuzz and it really brings out the harmonics, no extra noise at all, in fact the Blue Box gets rid of noise! Works great in front of a Big Muff. I move the octave knob with my foot when I want some of that.

Sounds good man. I'm psyched now! How much are these things roughly anyway?

Archived