Imagine ...

TIKILOCKEDOUT

• Members

... clean channel with 2 x band E.Q. [bass &treble], similar to mid era U.S. design . A mild overdrive channel with a smooth edge and 3 x band E.Q. that works great with full chords. Then step on the boost to engage another gain stage for extra dirt and fat.

Thats 3 sounds all heading towards a 6V6 driven reverb circuit, F.X. loop and output valve modulated tremolo. All controlled with a 6 x button metal footswitch.

Available as a 30 watt [2 x 6L6GC] or 60 watt[4 x 6L6GC] push pull ,cathode

bias ,class A head or 1 x 12 or 2 x 12 combo. Available with celestion greenbacks, G12H-30 or classic lead 80.

Might well be my next amp ...

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Looks interesting though I want an 800 Marshall tyoe crunch in my dirt channel - any idea of the pricing on these?

these amps cost 2,395 USD

ive played through a few of them at the owners shop. you can get 800 and beyond with this amp... it has REAL tone and holds it from 1 to 10. single channel is the way to go with any amp IMO (werent you looking into orange/matamp anyway?)

these amps are like trainwreck quality with everything from fender cleans to marshall nastyness but in a 6v6 completely original design.

• Members

Originally posted by PhallOut

these amps cost 2,395 USD

ive played through a few of them at the owners shop. you can get 800 and beyond with this amp... it has REAL tone and holds it from 1 to 10. single channel is the way to go with any amp IMO (werent you looking into orange/matamp anyway?)

these amps are like trainwreck quality with everything from fender cleans to marshall nastyness but in a 6v6 completely original design.

The clip at the site gives no real indication of the overall range of the amp ... just a clean sound with a little hair on it. I have a single channel monster as it is with the Sound City and want a twin chan combo 212 for clean + gain switching ...

• Members

The only amp I know of that really nails your tastes in one is probably the Gerlitz G1 Revelator. It has a BF preamp for the clean side, and a Marshall "plexi" style preamp for the dirt channel. Apparently brilliant amps, but no longer made alas...pricey too, but not difficult to see why.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Gerlitz+Amplification/G1+Revelator/10/1

combo.jpg

http://www.gerlitzamps.com/index.html

:cry:

• Members

The clip at the site gives no real indication of the overall range of the amp ... just a clean sound with a little hair on it. I have a single channel monster as it is with the Sound City and want a twin chan combo 212 for clean + gain switching ...

your in a pedal forum man...:D

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

The only amp I know of that really nails your tastes in one is probably the Gerlitz G1 Revelator. It has a BF preamp for the clean side, and a Marshall "plexi" style preamp for the dirt channel. Apparently brilliant amps, but no longer made alas...pricey too, but not difficult to see why.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Gerlitz+Amplification/G1+Revelator/10/1

combo.jpg

http://www.gerlitzamps.com/index.html

:cry:

Shame about the looks though eh ... I'm actually going to talk to John today and have a word about my requirements and see what he comes back with ... will sit down and have a good long think before I pick up the phone though about what I plan to say.

• Members

Shame about the looks though eh ... I'm actually going to talk to John today and have a word about my requirements and see what he comes back with ... will sit down and have a good long think before I pick up the phone though about what I plan to say.

Good plan...also, since John makes Marshall and BF style circuits, he should get where you're coming from if you can describe the sounds well enough. I reckon if you can offer some bands or songs as reference points, that could also grease the wheels.

Hypothetically, it would seem possible that he could make a two amps in one design based on what he's alsready making, but it would probably be a very expensive one off.

• Members

Good plan...also, since John makes Marshall and BF style circuits, he should get where you're coming from if you can describe the sounds well enough. I reckon if you can offer some bands or songs as reference points, that could also grease the wheels.

Hypothetically, it would seem possible that he could make a two amps in one design based on what he's alsready making, but it would probably be a very expensive one off.

I think the standard Dream will be fine I'll just need to ask him to make sure the bottom end is nice and tight for both sections. :thu:

• Members

I think the standard Dream will be fine I'll just need to ask him to make sure the bottom end is nice and tight for both sections.
:thu:

I've heard the OD channel is pretty smooth and bluesy which isn't what you want is it? You might need to get him to crunch it up more perhaps.

I think he told me it was like the clean BF channel with a TS pedal in front of it.

• Members

I've heard the OD channel is pretty smooth and bluesy which isn't what you want is it? You might need to get him to crunch it up more perhaps.

I think he told me it was like the clean BF channel with a TS pedal in front of it.

Yeah, I don't really want Black Face more 800 crunch - it should be piss easy for him to just build an 800-ish circuit into the second channel for me for the same money - I don't see why it would cost more. You are right though, even though I love the BF sound it's not my dirt sound generally.

• Members

Yeah, I don't really want Black Face more 800 crunch - it should be piss easy for him to just build an 800-ish circuit into the second channel for me for the same money - I don't see why it would cost more. You are right though, even though I love the BF sound it's not my dirt sound generally.

It may not be that simple. I'm sure he'll be able to mod the drive channel quite a bit, but remember, he's using PCBs for his channel switching amps to facilitate more efficient switching etc. All the hardware and layouts are prefabricated, so I'd expect there'd be a limitation on how much he can mod the amp. Course, a single phone call will sort most of this out in one hit.:cool:

Archived