Tell me about your first meeting with a HCFX forumite?

ZJD

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

utterhack-- Awkward only because he's breathtakingly gorgeous in person.

This is far more concerning than anything I could have said about twiddling the temolo on a VoxAC30 ... I see now what Radhiohead and Sigur Ros do to normal straight men ... hours of high pitched whiney singing + hours of bowed guitar = A love that shall not speak it's name! :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by endo23

I always scare you. You're such a {censored}. How do you handle JUMBO'S?!

I go there with people I like!
So, GFY!
Don't you have people to snitch on?
:wave: :wave: :idea::wave: :wave:
"I always scare you?"
Don't flatter yourself.....You are not that important.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

i thought he was gonna mug me.

what a wus!!!!!

I've met two .. camerashake for a pedal trade and then guyaguy to go to a show ..

I meet strangers from craigslist all the time .. so i'm quite used to it.. Wasn't nothing to be nervous about or out of the ordinary ..

• Members

My first meeting with a forumite was Ryan Dunn from Toadworks. Met him at the airport so I never felt threatened - even though I'm 6'2 and 200 pounds - I still had to look UP to talk to him :eek: I had a plan if he did a SWANKBOX on me and touched me inappropriately - I was just going to holler "Hijacker"... :D

We went downtown and had lunch at one of my favorite hangouts Doozies on the River, then hit some music stores -where he just had to tell me how much he loved his Gibson L4 (so later I went back and bought it) :mad: I ended up having to sell it a couple years later to buy my Dad a wheelchair. :cry:

Ryan picked up a couple vintage DOD pedals for almost nothing, then we came back to my studio (yes - you could actually fit two people into it back then) and Ryan jammed out on a bunch of my guitars and amps, and gave me some great advice on an old Fender Bandmaster I had picked up, then we headed back downtown to my favorite blues club (Blues on Grand) and watched a great guitar player jam out on a Les Paul with only 5 strings (apparently the guy was too poor to afford a replacement string) :o

I ended up dropping him off at his hotel by the airport later that night, and he rented a car the next day and drove to some god awful place in Nebraska to buy a vintage car and he drove it back to California. Great guy, great time, great gear slut too! :cool:

Since then I have met Mr Bluetone, Brianphase90 and of course the King of the Blues (led's that is) Mr Robert Keeley. :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by SWANKBOX!

I go there with people I like!

So, GFY!

Don't you have people to snitch on?

:wave:
:idea::wave:

"I always scare you?"

Don't flatter yourself.....You are not that important.

:cry:

I thought we were friends.

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

one and only meeting with a forumite is StratAtak83. it was awkward cuz he's a lot taller and a lot darker than me. i thought he was gonna mug me. but we got along fine and ended up hooking up with some fly bitches and had his chaffeur drive us around NYC in SA83's white and gold lincoln limosine. the bubbly did flow.

CIMG0245%20copy.jpg

oh, yeah, and he is a lot younger but really mature and focused for a lil whippersnapper.

RACIST

:D

• Members

I think I met lurkers first, guys who could tell I was from HCEF by the size of my pedalboard.

In the last year I've met thebazaar at his gig in Carlton and as mentioned previously Tiki in Sydney, which was cool. Don't always get time to hang when I'm up in Sydney and I had to rush him a bit cause I was heading to a show a couple of hours out of the city. Next time will be better but we got to try some cool guitars.

A couple of the Perth forumites have seen me play but we haven't spoken. Probably before they got on the boards anyway and they're fairly irregular, Tigger Ferret and 5Macca (I think).

Other than that, the east coast forumites have been a bit backwards in coming out to my shows. :D They must have some odd deformities or something.

• Members

Have met, traded, jammed and drank with in various combinations

Dot Dot Dot
Honeyspider x
Zhivago
Muscated
Mr 100
Jeztastic
Bear
Gamit
Vince
Stompboxx