Tell me about your first meeting with a HCFX forumite?

ZJD

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

Was it scary? We're you nervous? Did you sell something to them? Did you watch "The Gate" together? Was there any significant age difference that was kind of awkward? Share your stories yes?
:wave:

one and only meeting with a forumite is StratAtak83. it was awkward cuz he's a lot taller and a lot darker than me. i thought he was gonna mug me. but we got along fine and ended up hooking up with some fly bitches and had his chaffeur drive us around NYC in SA83's white and gold lincoln limosine. the bubbly did flow.

CIMG0245%20copy.jpg

oh, yeah, and he is a lot younger but really mature and focused for a lil whippersnapper.

• Members

First forumite I met was Mike Ibrihim in Sydney back in 2004 ... no nerves, we spoke on e-mail and then phone and I wanted to try his Tube Zone back when they were pretty new so we met in a local guitar store and he had a few prototypes with him ... great guy, good guitar player too ... we chatted also about the amps he wanted to build that he is actually making as we speak.

I also got him to build me a clean boost which was the first version of the boosts he now sells and I believe Ernest ( Bmoretele ) owns that one now since I traded it with him ages ago. I have met Mike on subsequent ocassions as he has fixed other pedals for me.

My second meeting with a forumite was recently with Dan from Fourthfloor - we have known eachother online long enough to be totally laid back about meeting up ... maybe he was giddy like a school girl but I was laid back :D

Anyway I picked him up in my car and we went guitar shopping down Parramatta road ( our Denmark St ) hitting all the guitar shops ... was great fun for a few hours - we ended up in Jasksons rare guitars playing through a vintage AC30 with him playing and me manipulatin the Trem controls ... was a great arvo ... next time we'll add beer! :cool:

• Members
Bachelor #1, describe your ideal first date for me.

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

I pick him up in my car and we go guitar shopping down Parramatta road ( our Denmark St ) hitting all the guitar shops ... was great fun for a few hours - we end up in Jasksons rare guitars playing through a vintage AC30 with him playing and me manipulating the "Trem controls."

:love:

• Members

Gads, who did I meet first? I guess it was the guy who won one of the amps that I gave away. Met him in PA with his dad and passed the amp on. Have to say it was a bit weird as it was on a saturday in an empty parking lot. But since I was giving the dude the amp, I didn't fear that they would rip me off or steal it from me.

I apologize for forgetting his user name...

Then I met Delorean(Ian) and Eurthymia (Eric) when I went out to CA last summer at a party Eric had. That was a bunch of fun. Lots of pedal play.

• Members

utterhack-- Awkward only because he's breathtakingly gorgeous in person. And I say that as a full-blooded heterosexual male. If latter day rock stardom doesn't work out, the kid's got a promising career in underwear modeling ahead of him.

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

utterhack-- Awkward only because he's breathtakingly gorgeous in person. And I say that as a full-blooded heterosexual male. If latter day rock stardom doesn't work out, the kid's got a promising career in underwear modeling ahead of him.

You're scaring me.

Archived