Finally gave in - took this home today

sonaboy

• Members

274725.jpg

Epi Dot Deluxe

lovely finish, grover tuners, pretty nice appointments.

it will need a setup, since it's been sitting in the showroom a while, and i play a much heavier guage of string (gawd, it felt like it came with 08's on it...ack). slight fret buzz on the first couple of frets on the high E, but other than that - first rate.

picked it up at MFriend clearance center, and the tag literally said, "Fret Buzz" as it's "issue"

what did that mean? It means i get to take a guitar that retails for $460 home for $299, that's what!

w00t!!

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

274725.jpg

Epi Dot Deluxe

lovely finish, grover tuners, pretty nice appointments.

it will need a setup, since it's been sitting in the showroom a while, and i play a much heavier guage of string (gawd, it felt like it came with 08's on it...ack). slight fret buzz on the first couple of frets on the high E, but other than that - first rate.

picked it up at MFriend clearance center, and the tag literally said, "Fret Buzz" as it's "issue"

what did that mean? It means i get to take a guitar that retails for $460 home for $299, that's what!

w00t!!

Cool guitar at a sweet price:thu: Enjoy!

• Members

Originally posted by Johnny Fandango

Nice...It looks pretty:D

Hey, when you put heavier strings on, buzz magically dissappears as they have a smaller vibrating elipsy thing.

Awesome

Yeah, that might take care of it for the most part. Plus with thicker strings that thing should have some wicked sustain.

• Members

After about 3 hours of playing with larger guage strings, one thing is apparent.
My PRS McCarty spoiled me on pickups. I gotta replace the bridge pickup ASAP.
Too thin.
neck pickup is pretty nice and buttery, with just enough growl when you nail it.

if i can get the neck pickup to bite as nasty as the one in my PRS, along with getting the "THRAONG" voice out of the hollowbody and the neck pickup, i think i have a keeper.

wonder if i should switch the color of the pickup guards and pickguard to make it really stand out...hmmm...
suggestions?

• Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

After about 3 hours of playing with larger guage strings, one thing is apparent.

My PRS McCarty spoiled me on pickups. I gotta replace the bridge pickup ASAP.

Too thin.

neck pickup is pretty nice and buttery, with just enough growl when you nail it.

Was just gonna post that you should invest your savings in a new pup :wave:

as for the pickguard I say take it off and play her in the nude.

• Members
Originally posted by jonny guitar

Was just gonna post that you should invest your savings in a new pup
:wave:

as for the pickguard I say take it off and play her in the nude.

i don't want to pay the big ticket price for a Gibby pickup though - any suggestions on some good replacements?

• Members
Originally posted by slingshotmb

last week i was going to get a strat and ended up with this ...

DSC03860.jpg

Me too! Although it's exactly what I wanted and was lucky to find the same finish. It's actually more yellowish in real life. It's an American Tele.

100_0939.jpg

Archived