Danelectro Rocky Road - Ramp button

drummergoalie

• Members

Hi all,

I just bought a used Danelectro Road Road Spinning Speaker Simulator and I'm not exacly sure what the ramp footswitch is supposed to do. :confused:

Is it on/off or should I be holding it down? :confused:

I'd appreciate any help. So far, without knowing what it does, it's still the best $7.50 I've spent on a pedal in a long time. :D No joking!!!

• Members

The ramp button makes the effect go from slow to fast. Make sure the switch is set to "fast" (as the slow ramp time is far too slow), press the button once and see what happens. It'll take a few seconds, but the effect should gradually go from a slow chorusy warble to a fast vibrato/phaser type sound - aka a leslie impersonation. :D

Here's a clip of the Rocky Road, for reference.

/Andreas

• Members

sounds like a chorus?

Originally posted by andreas

The ramp button makes the effect go from slow to fast. Make sure the switch is set to "fast" (as the slow ramp time is far too slow), press the button once and see what happens. It'll take a few seconds, but the effect should gradually go from a slow chorusy warble to a fast vibrato/phaser type sound - aka a leslie impersonation.
:D

Here's a
clip
of the Rocky Road, for reference.

/Andreas

• Members

Check the H-C User Reviews. The "R44" mod is really worth doing. Without it, you can't engage the effect without getting a volume boost. After doing the mod, you have more control over the volume when the effect is engaged.

No, it doesn't sound exactly like a Leslie, but it's a cool effect on its own.

Archived